Yellow Bullet Forums banner

AA/Fuel Dragster "Moonburst" Found - Parked in Trailer 43 Years

4K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  groucho2 
#1 ·
Sorry if repost

#3 ·
Breaks my heart to see so many cars rotting to dust due to the "Hoarder mental disorder". There are countless backyards across the country with restorable treasures just going to waste. The old guy seemed to be most attached to the TrI Power GTO,I wonder if the guy had been approached with the offer of... "Tell ya what, if I take the GTO and get it in to good running condition and looking shiny for ya how about you give me XXX vehicles in return. Sure would be nice to hop back into the Pontiac and take her for a spin whenever ya wanted wouldn't it?" I think it just might work and then would also form a bond and a trust between that would likely lead to more deals in the future.

#4 ·

The funny part to me was the guy wanted some insane dough for stuff he ruined & abused!!!
How much money would it take to build some kind of shelter for your so-called treasures!!!!

People keep laughing & attacking me for planning one of the big vinyl public works shelters for my new house!!!
At least it will keep the weather off all my trailers & construction vehicles/equipment!!!
Stuff that doesn't need to be in a fancy Morton building with heat & air!!!
Because I don't want my stuff to rot into the ground I'm an idiot & loser for choosing 1 building for the shop & a much much cheaper building for storage!!!

#6 ·
a few years ago, i was at a truck wrecking yard, bullshitting the owner, got into the subject of drag racing, he said let me show you something, took me around back and there were two older semis with 40 foot custom race trailers, opened the door and looked inside , each one held a top fuel dragster, spare motors, blowers, tires etc.....he raced the AHRA top fuel circuit way back then, and when AHRA folded, he just parked the operation out back and there it sits.

#7 ·

That's what I call "I'm an idiot money, and just don't care" !!!
I do a lot of stupid things, including hording stuff for decades, but those could have been sold very easily back then.
Or he could have kept doing match races or something with his investment??
My stuff is crap that's not worth anything to anyone, including me.
The worse thing for a guy like me is having a 3000' shop and a big ass yard.

#14 ·

Some people are more ignorant than evil.
They are just too stupid to grasp that poor doggie deserves a better life/treatment than that!!!
Look at the people in the city that never take their dog out to run.
They go out, take a dump in the same corner everyday and are locked in a highrise their entire life :(

#16 ·
anybody else waiting for a rattlesnake in the bottom of the dishes box? or behind one of those cyl heads he was dragging out of there?

#17 ·
pretty cool but sad also..would make a nice cackle car..crazy its sat like that,l an a shame it sits like that.its a memory to him,prob looks at it an it brings him back to his mid 20s,trying to run fuel.sadly it just sit

as for the dog how do you know that he dont just keeps the dog there at times..might not be to friendly..nothing wrong with chain spots..gives them more room an actual is said to not make a dog as stressed as in a kennel.

idk if its worth the 90k but it being org car an trailer is def worth a nice chunk. he did have like 8k in just rims. some of them org rims go for dumb money now..mag kidneys can be 3k a set

#18 ·
I seriously can't stand assholes like this.

Sell what you've got, put the money into one project you can actually finish, and let someone else restore the thing instead of letting in rust back into the earth.

A friend of mine's uncle has a 66 k-code mustang and it's been sitting by his barn since the late 90s. I tried to buy it back in 2007 and got the same story: "I'm gonna restore it one day" despite not knowing a damn thing about restoring cars. It's still sitting in the exact same spot and he just weed eats around the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.