Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i kno this has prob been stressed on this forum but neways i have a sbf carbed....im goin to be runnnin a a1000 pump and wanted too kno best way to plumb it.....would running a carb bypass reg into a y block then 2 seperate dead head regs work???...jus lookin for best/easiest and cleanest way too plumb it....thanks

·
1,344 Posts
If you are just trying to run a simple, single plate system i can work with out any other regs other than the carb bypass regulator. Just tune your fuel side pressure on the plate to run the same as you have your carb pressure.

Be aware that an A1000 will be on the small side for any amount of power and not really the one you should be using.

Anyways, you should have:

Tank
A1000 Pump
Main feed fuel feed line
Bypass Regulator
Return line to tank

Your carb fuel and nitrous system fuel will be drawn from the main fuel line from the tank before the regulator. Set the bypass regulator to 7.5 lbs and fly.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I talked to Aeromotive when I started my plumbing. They recommended a -10 feed, -8 return, a bypass regulator on a block to and run it around 13psi then your regulators on the block for the carb and NOS at whatever pressure you desire.

·
1,344 Posts
^^^ yes.

stroked90hatch, re-read my post.....the "Just tune your fuel side pressure on the plate to run the same as you have your carb pressure" part. ;)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If you are just trying to run a simple, single plate system i can work with out any other regs other than the carb bypass regulator. Just tune your fuel side pressure on the plate to run the same as you have your carb pressure.

Be aware that an A1000 will be on the small side for any amount of power and not really the one you should be using.

Anyways, you should have:

Tank
A1000 Pump
Main feed fuel feed line
Bypass Regulator
Return line to tank

Your carb fuel and nitrous system fuel will be drawn from the main fuel line from the tank before the regulator. Set the bypass regulator to 7.5 lbs and fly.

Why do you feel that this pump is small for a single stange plate kit. This pump should handle 1000hp Right?

·
nightmare on any street..
5,033 Posts
I have seen A1000 go deep in the 5's with a small block on gas. Don't know the flow numbers on it though...

·
Triple xXx
1,925 Posts
I talked to Aeromotive when I started my plumbing. They recommended a -10 feed, -8 return, a bypass regulator on a block to and run it around 13psi then your regulators on the block for the carb and NOS at whatever pressure you desire.

Which bypass did they recommend?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts