Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone sent one in for a rebuild? Just wondering what the cost is, emailed them but haven't heard back. I got one that wasn't used much and the engine went south so the car set for a year, when he go things back together the pump had quit working so he replaced it. Don't know what could have happened, debating on pulling it apart but I figured I might be better off sending it to Aeromotive for a rebuild.

·
Registered
339 Posts
When I called Aeromotive about a year + ago(maybe 2 years ago) about having my extra A1000 pump freshened up to make sure it would be OK to use E-85. It was about $200. But that was with a working pump.It might be more if they have to replace some parts.
If anyone is wondering about why I would do that because the information on the website says the A1000 is ok to use E-85, maybe 8 years ago Aeromotive changed the rubber parts to be compatible with E-85. So the nearly 20 year old stuff I have needs updated to be E-85 compatible.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I sent two A1000 pumps in and I kept waiting for the phone call for my credit card info, two new pumps show up and I called them to pay them and they tell me thanks for being a customer, it was free. Customer for life!

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
When I called them they said that for the price of a rebuild it was just easier to send a new pump out. He said they rarely rebuild them anymore. My pump is 16 years old. Still works ok. Maybe I got a good one. Who knows.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I sent two A1000 pumps in and I kept waiting for the phone call for my credit card info, two new pumps show up and I called them to pay them and they tell me thanks for being a customer, it was free. Customer for life!
Same experience here too, GREAT company to deal with that goes out of their way to take care of the people that support them.
Currently have (4) cars all plumbed with A2000 pump and regulator, other car came with a similar competitors pump on it, works so far, if it fails, I know what it will be replaced with.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I was just on the site looking for something else and the price is $275 including shipping, if they don't take care of it for free like some of these guys have said. I know that if you have an old A1000, it gets upgraded to the newer spec'd A1000. I have an eliminator I need to send in myself.

·
Registered
16,438 Posts
Aeromotive is a good company. Not long ago I sent in 2 Pro-pumps for rebuild and they sent back 2 new ones. I just upgraded one of their brushless variable speed pumps. So now I have 2 Pro-pumps and a rebuilt Eliminator pump that was a never used spare available if anyone needs a Aeromotive pump for a great price.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hooked this one to a battery today and it runs, I can feel suction on it so I'm going to get some fittings and line and see if it pumps. I was told it wouldn't run. It's really clean inside and looks like new, even has the paper work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts