Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a little street car with a 363" sbf 8.2 deck. It has a pt7475 turbo with a a1000 pump and 120# injectors. It's running on pump gas and meth right now wanting to change to e85 but not sure if my pump and injectors will be enough. Anyone have any info on this?

·
348 Posts
JEREMYFOWLER,

The 120lb/hr injectors on E85 should support around 1200bhp so you should be good in that aspect. I would consider looking into other options for your fuel pump however, if you are a fan of Aeromotive and want absolute safety you will want to look at a Pro Series Fuel pump with a speed controller.

The 7475 is rated for 980bhp.

The A1000 realistically is rated for 550-600BHP on E85 while the Pro Series will give you roughly 1200BHP on E85, the Eliminator Fuel pump should net you 980bhp on E85 but does not give you much wiggle room.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. And I will look into the pro series pumps didn't know aeromotive made a pro pump

·
Registered
421 Posts
I am running the pro series pump with E85 right now. Have the controller on it also. Car is making 700-750 to the tire thru an unlocked automatic. I have the controller set to the highest slow speed all the time. Also running 1300cc injectors which are about 120lbs.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the idea of running the pro series as it will bolt up right in place of the a1000 that is on the car now. How much power do you guys think I will pick up going to e85 from pump gas ?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I maxed out an A1000 on E85 at 750rwhp. Swapped to a Magnafuel 4303 and it went away, but those max out around 900rwhp.

If you want to max your injectors out on E85, then you'll need two 4303s, a 4103, or something along those lines.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I think I will just upgrade to the pro series and stop being cheap. Bits me in the ass everytime. Lol

·
348 Posts
JEREMYFOWLER,

I try to get my customers to go to the simplest setup that will work for them. I have seen staged setups work but its more wiring and pumps and more chances for a problem to happen. If you dont mind spending the money I don't think you will be upset with the move to a single Pro-Series!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I like the idea of running the pro series as it will bolt up right in place of the a1000 that is on the car now. How much power do you guys think I will pick up going to e85 from pump gas ?
Is it already intercooled?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JEREMYFOWLER,

I try to get my customers to go to the simplest setup that will work for them. I have seen staged setups work but its more wiring and pumps and more chances for a problem to happen. If you dont mind spending the money I don't think you will be upset with the move to a single Pro-Series!
I agree with you 100% and thanks for the info.

·
Registered
130 Posts
What about the big Weldon pumps?
I am in same situation and been looking at pumps,
But mine is 90 percent street driven,

·
348 Posts
What about the big Weldon pumps?
I am in same situation and been looking at pumps,
But mine is 90 percent street driven,
regalguy,

It is more or less a choice of brand/design preference.

Weldon makes a great product and if you were to look at Weldon's line you could cross reference the 2345-A as a comparable pump to the Pro-series.

Regardless of which one is chosen they are both quality products and both will need some sort of controller to make them have a longer life on the street.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts