Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
10 gal, no vent. I street drive it a ton so I wanted the extra capacity as I dont run a heat exhanger for the water.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Jon how does that work out for you on the street?

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I havent run anything over 10psi so far but my datalogs are almost a flat line at 90*F. My a/w core is built into my intake manifold as well so its working pretty good so far. The highest Ive seen is 110* on some pulls after 30 minutes of highway driving so Id assume the water was fairly warm by then.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Gotcha, I was going to run some sort of oil cooler with fans but didnt know it was best to pit before the a/w or after the a/w

·
Registered
46 Posts
10 gal w/2 pumps. 1 for the a/w cooler & one for the motor. No street driving track duty only. Motor temps are very good but the a/w cooler temps could be better upper 80's...I use an ass load of ice!

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
you guys say to use no vent but i got a 5gal fuel cell with a roll over valve would that hurt anything???whats the purpuse of no vent?
I took a 5-gal Jaz fuel cell and modified it to use as an ice box. No issues. I just looped some -8 line off the rollover vent. If you're worried about it, then you could always plug it.

Also, if you want to save on ice, make your own. I take used water bottles (16 oz), fill them 3/4 full of water and freeze them. Take them to the track, cut with a utility knife and drop in the tank. Easy squeezy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts