Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the A/W IC game. I'm hoping to make some passes for the first time this week with my new setup, if the rain stays away. Would anyone care to share their iceing routine? How long do you let the pump run in the pits? When do you turn your pump on before making a pass? I have a PT2000 IC, 8 gal tank, 1" lines, and a Rule 3700 pump if it matters. Thanks

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Pre-chill in the pits. Once you have the core good and cold & your ready to move to the stagings lanes, drain a majority of the water and pack with ice. Make sure you leave enough water to keep your entire system primed.

If the lanes are packed with cars, we have taken an ice chest and drain bucket with us on the golf cart. Drained out water and added more ice while waiting.

I have experimented with many different things. What worked the best for my set up was somewhere after burn out, but before tripping the first bulb, turn your pump on.

Good Luck & don't be afraid to experiment with your set up.

Semper Fi!
-Mikie

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
...and if you haven't made any footbrake-transbrake (if you are auto) hits with the air to water cooler full of cold water and circulating you might want to do that first. It is likely that your tune will be a little off.

Try to be consistent with all of your temps to. Such as, engine, tranny etc.

I found that the engines, both big block and small block, iron and aluminum, single and twin set ups, did best with a starting line temp of no less that 150* when running C16 and Q16

Semper Fi!
-Mikie

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm running e85. For the most part I used to try to stage around 170. I built the car to do True Street type events. So once I pack the tank I have to hope it keeps the IATs in check for 3 passes. I'd say most of the time I'll just have to worry about single passes. I appreciate the help. That will definitely get me started in the right direction.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I'm running e85. For the most part I used to try to stage around 170. I built the car to do True Street type events. So once I pack the tank I have to hope it keeps the IATs in check for 3 passes. I'd say most of the time I'll just have to worry about single passes. I appreciate the help. That will definitely get me started in the right direction.
I doubt you will have ice for 3 passes. I burn 22lbs in a single pass and the water is luke warm.

Good advice above though. I have insulated my lines and am building a foam 'blanket' for my tank to help on hot days

·
Registered
24,658 Posts
how much boost you running ?

if you going to get 3 passes , your not going to want to pre cool anything .

just turn the pump on with a boost switch that will come on while building boost before launch , and will shut off as soon as you let off .

your running E85 so its notlike you need to keep the aits below 100 .

When you plan on going to the track ?????????

·
Registered
24,658 Posts
I guess I should say, your not going to want to precool anything after heading to the lanes .

Im not sure about capacity with 8 gals, but I would think you should be able to fit 30lbs in there .

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking mid 20's for boost when all said and done. I'm hoping to go out this Friday if this rain stays away.

·
Registered
201 Posts
For true street style stuff I would freeze a couple of Gatorade 32oz bottles. Then cut them open and through them in the tank before the first pass.

·
Registered
300 Posts
...and if you haven't made any footbrake-transbrake (if you are auto) hits with the air to water cooler full of cold water and circulating you might want to do that first. It is likely that your tune will be a little off.

Try to be consistent with all of your temps to. Such as, engine, tranny etc.

I found that the engines, both big block and small block, iron and aluminum, single and twin set ups, did best with a starting line temp of no less that 150* when running C16 and Q16

Semper Fi!
-Mikie
Are you saying 150 water temp or Iat?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I was referring to engine water temp.

All of my recommendations were before the OP indicated that he was running true street style and E85.

Semper Fi!
-Mikie

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts