Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is not going to Orlando this year either because in the past few years it has been a mess or because of Bradenton the week before???

·
Registered
66 Posts
Who is not going to Orlando this year either because in the past few years it has been a mess or because of Bradenton the week before???
The Street Nationals will be bigger and better than ever!! Orlando WILL have more drag radial entrants than Bradenton, you can take that to the bank!! Bradenton tried to compete with this race with their US Nationals and we all know what a joke of an event that has become:)

·
Clown
3,779 Posts
Nobody is going to Orlando. Don't you remember all the "ban Orlando" threads from last year. Everyone here is done with Orlando and will never go again. I'm too fat and lazy to find the threads, but they are here.

Personally, we are glad no one will be coming this year. It will actually give us a shot in drag radial.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The Street Nationals will be bigger and better than ever!! Orlando WILL have more drag radial entrants than Bradenton, you can take that to the bank!! Bradenton tried to compete with this race with their US Nationals and we all know what a joke of an event that has become:)
I dont know about the US Street Nats being a joke of an event. We have been there the last 3 years and as far as business goes it has been great. In order for business for us to be great there has to be racers and the pits have been full. The track has been great and you cant ask for anybody better to deal with than Dave.jmo. We will be there again this year as well as Orlando.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
I'm one of the people that said they will not be back at Orlando and I can guarantee that. It's the Shakedown and Vegas for our car and I would love to bet anyone that the quickest and fastest passes for Pro Street, Outlaw 10.5 and Radial will be at the Shakedown and more than likely Orlando will be 3rd behind Shakedown, Vegas and Bradenton when it comes to performance. When you compare the tracks and facilites the choice is clear where to race and it's not ORLANDO.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The Shakedown is going to become the "NEW" Orlando! You will alway have people going to Orlando because it was the first big race, but it's time has come and gone.

·
Senior Frog
10,345 Posts
Bradenton in lue of Orlando......Orlando is too much of a circus for me,it was awsome a few years ago though,R I P Orlando

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
orlando is only 5 min from home have to go . i think some people will be suprised when they get to gate and get turned around though. carl remembers like a elephant

·
from across the pond...
6,949 Posts
A bit to far to drive:)
Same here...:-D
I read all the Orlando stuff too but it's one of my goals to get to that race in Heavy street....
Worldwide it's the biggest street race there is no question..

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
orlando is only 5 min from home have to go . i think some people will be suprised when they get to gate and get turned around though. carl remembers like a elephant
Carl told me personally that he's never banned anyone from his facility unless they acted violent to his staff or made threats. I'll be there mainly because I have customers who will be competing there and because it's in my backyard basically but I do believe this race has lost some of it's luster.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I don't know if this will have any bearing on people's decision, but I'm going to Orlando the 2nd week of September to prep their track with our LC6. We're going to do a side by side with their current compound. I've had great success with our product in Florida. Sunshine and Bradenton both use our LC6 now. If all goes well I hope to prep the track for the World Street Nats. I can promise you if this happens, the track prep will be the best I can make it. I know this has nothing to do with issues you've had with payouts and such, but I belive this race is for the fans. If you're going to pay 75.00 bucks a head to watch, I think the prep is very important.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,911 Posts
i might go there to watch but who knows o.r.c os the week before an well there will be way more radial cars there then orlando..

just go look at the o.r.c list and around an you can see alot of the big players are running o.r.c and then loading up an going home..

i'm sure some of the local guys who said they wont be there will show up trying to rope a dope other into thinking they have a shot and trying to rope a dope the other faster cars about not going because of the b.s and stuff an going..

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I've been to everyone of the WSN events in Orlando up until this year, I have a prior racing commitment with the OSBA at VMP that I will be at. If it wasn't for that I'd go to see some friends, make a few passes, and break out the grill!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts