Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fk me took all 8 recertification tests last night , last one out of the building 3.5 hours of " mechanic A says and mechanic B says " horse shit in my opinion.
the easy test was ; brakes to me , might know i work on boats !!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I did the same earlier this year. Past 7 of the 8. I didnt pass the A/C one. I took it last night seemed easier than the last time. I dont even wrench anymore but want to keep my A.S.E Master cert.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I have 9 ASE and I took the tests by breaking it up 4 test one night 5 the next....My head hurt after those two days..recertedfied last year just to make sure if my trucking company ever gos under...GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU PAST....

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
I argue with some of what they say are the "correct" answers.

·
Registered
571 Posts
man the first time i took all 8 of them was in 1996 and that has to be the most stupid test in the world i was drunk and passed then i tool L1 and passed that too. thoes test are not eve acceptable in the automotive world anylonger

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah I have met some Master Techs that couldnt fix a door knob.But it looks good on paper for the pencil pushers that due the hiring

·
Registered
334 Posts
A.S.E means ask- somebody- else... i never seen a good ase tech:p
Agree somewhat. I have techs here at the dealership that gloated about there ASE's and they couldn't fix a tricycle w/ a square wheel. Then I have some that are just manufacture trained that can flag 20hrs a day w/ no comebacks (some of these guys do have a lot of ASE's as well - but not "the master").

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Yup, seen a bunch of "paper" techs that couldn't do hands on work. The difference in pay ($1.00/hr per cert.) was what made me take those tests. I guess it made the dealership look good and justify their labor rates when they could say they have ASE master techs....

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
The ase masters used to pick on me about my tool box..they had the best you could buy..i had a little tackle box....i never seen a tool box fix anything:p

·
Registered
572 Posts
Ford Motor Company doesn't recognize or require ase's any more for their masters program as of jan. 2010......

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
recert last night, some of the BS questions make me scratch my head. Company pays and gives raises for any passed. .15c per hr so what the heck right? But ase dont mean crap thats for sure. I got 12 certs master auto and 4 Truck certs.

·
DURCHWATEN POTENZ Baby!
22,916 Posts
I have 9 ASE and I took the tests by breaking it up 4 test one night 5 the next....My head hurt after those two days..recertedfied last year just to make sure if my trucking company ever gos under...GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU PAST....
You hiring?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just cause you pass the test-does not mean you can fix the car,,,,

You are correct Grasshopper.

The ASE testing probably means more about your commitment and dedication to the trade than anything else....at least in most cases and yes their are always exceptions without a doubt.

Could some of the questions be misconstrued a bit?

sure!

But in general pretty straight forward for someone that has read up on the subject or some hand on in that area.

So why bother taking them if you think they suck?

and If the answer is that your boss makes you take them.

Do you really think "he" thinks they make you any smarter?

Think about it for a minute.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
You are correct Grasshopper.

The ASE testing probably means more about your commitment and dedication to the trade than anything else....at least in most cases and yes their are always exceptions without a doubt.

Could some of the questions be misconstrued a bit?

sure!

But in general pretty straight forward for someone that has read up on the subject or some hand on in that area.

So why bother taking them if you think they suck?

and If the answer is that your boss makes you take them.

Do you really think "he" thinks they make you any smarter?

Think about it for a minute.

no wonder Houston Martin wanted to kick your ass, your confrontational

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
took all 8 of my recerts last night also.
i had let them expire but the boss offered to pay for them last time they were due and offered a 25cent raise per flag hour for everyone i passed. i don't think that he figured everyone would pass them all, but everybody in the shop did. along with the L1 when it came along. cost him a shitload of money to find out he had some pretty sharp guys working for him.
and no, passing them does not meen you can fix anything. but it does help to show you take your proffession seriously.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts