Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
New or used? If you plan on towing with it a class A is probably a better choice and if you can handle it get a diesel pusher. If going used pay very close attention to evidence of leaks or water damage. Get a ladder and inspect the roof very well, look for stained interior panels and soft spots around windows and vents. Look underneath for rust damage under or around the holding tanks. Check out all appliances especially refrig and a/c. You can even pay an RV repair service to do a pressure test that will pinpoint any and all leaks. Hope this helps.

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
i prefer class "a" except for the freightliner cab'ed toter.....

·
Registered
140 Posts
You can use a class C for an rv its considered a recreationial viechle. For a toter home I dont know.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info, looked at class A yesterday 1999 winnabago, 37Ft, 3 slides, diesel pusher, just starting to look but this is clean as new. man bought it new, kept under a shed , new tires, new awnings, 89K miles, 32,000dollars what you think?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sounds like a good deal.

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
thanks for the info, looked at class A yesterday 1999 winnabago, 37Ft, 3 slides, diesel pusher, just starting to look but this is clean as new. man bought it new, kept under a shed , new tires, new awnings, 89K miles, 32,000dollars what you think?
That is a lot of jack for a lower end 13 yr old unit............Winnebago is a low quality unit..................you can find something 5 years newer and better quality for similar money

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a lot of jack for a lower end 13 yr old unit............Winnebago is a low quality unit..................you can find something 5 years newer and better quality for similar money
what is a better quality unit name brand? thanks

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
That Sounds like a very good deal. If it doesn't pan out....I have a 97 allegro bus (much nicer than winnie) that I'm going to dump for 28k. It needs a couple things but has been an awesome bus for us and it is still being used. Love it. 12 foot super slide, cat diesel, and it's already set to tow. I pull a 28ft tag that weighs 14000 lbs loaded.

·
TEAM CARB
45,254 Posts
Are those 4 or 6 speed trans?...6 speed is DEF nicer

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
what is a better quality unit name brand? thanks
Allegro bus
Country coach
American tradition
Monoco
Newmar

And then there are the super high end ones that I won't even bother mentioning.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
like the class c for familys. my parents always invite people to go camping then tell them they have a 33 foot class a. then tell them they have to sleep on the floor.

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts

I just picked up this 2006 class c gulf stream endura with a duramax. I've towed my 32' tag across the country and back with it and it does great. Got over 7mpg. I dig it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
country coach
american tradition
monoco..
these manufactures make a frame that will support most trailers without putting in braces/supports

make sure it has a 6 speed and at least 300 hp if your towing...

when you start it cold..sittin for 2-3 days..the air pressure should climb to 125-150 in less than 1 minute...if it doesn't or takes longer than 2 minutes... walk away...it will need a new air compressor...$995 for the compressor and $800 to install it

i prefer cummins but cat also makes good motors...

as rx... stated.......pay very close attention to evidence of leaks or water damage. Get a ladder and inspect the roof very well, look for stained interior panels and soft spots around windows and vents. Look underneath for rust damage under or around the holding tanks. Check out all appliances especially refrig and a/c. ...try to buy a motorhome with a solid fiberglass roof......rubber roofs need to be replaced frequently and have a tendency to leak.

have the owner get an RV repair service/dealer do a overall check of the unit....if it passes and you buy it split the price of this inspection with the owner.

check all appliances...frig must run on ac/dc and propane..especially propane....same with air conditioners/heat pumps...also the furnace....hot water tank...levelers..stove burners/oven..convection oven...etc

slide outs must all work freely...the early coaches (prior to 2002) had issues with slide outs...new coaches still do and are expensive to repair.

any odors...why??

http://www.articlesbase.com/rvs-articles/used-rv-buyers-checklist-639434.html

http://rvbasics.com/techtips/Checklist-for-buying-a-RV.html

http://www.everything-about-rving.com/used-rv-1.html

1 - 20 of 36 Posts