Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have working on a tune for our new motor and I would like to run a few things by the experts on YB. I have a 408 SBF with TWR heads 14.1 comp. dart block good internals, 36 deg. Total timing, super victor intake, 1050 carb, NOS fogger, 3200 stall & P/G transmission. We tried a new tune this weekend and ran pretty good and wanted to get some feed back on anything we could be off on. Nos we run 36n & 32f and 7 ¼ fuel pressure pulling 14 deg out on hit. Plugs look clean an o2 shows that we are running 13.3 to 13.5 A/F ratios.

Thanks for any help
David

·
Registered
936 Posts
that fuel pressure seems high.... david

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
We have working on a tune for our new motor and I would like to run a few things by the experts on YB. I have a 408 SBF with TWR heads 14.1 comp. dart block good internals, 36 deg. Total timing, super victor intake, 1050 carb, NOS fogger, 3200 stall & P/G transmission. We tried a new tune this weekend and ran pretty good and wanted to get some feed back on anything we could be off on. Nos we run 36n & 32f and 7 ¼ fuel pressure pulling 14 deg out on hit. Plugs look clean an o2 shows that we are running 13.3 to 13.5 A/F ratios.

Thanks for any help
David
I am no expert i only have a stock block windsor with a fogger but 36 nos and 32 fuel 400?shot on 22 degrees it should have grenaded. What is the cam like in this thing a 116 lobe seperation? most fords do not like timing and do not like fuel pressure usually 5 lbs is sufficent but you need to read plugs i am sure somone will help but you need to give more information on the combo and post some pics of plugs if you have any from the run

·
Registered
936 Posts
Maybe it's overly rich, covering up the timing??
yeah that sounds like it might be it.... i know ours on a 36 jet only has 14* total and alot less fuel pressure..... if he is using the timing to hide the high fp it will catch up to him.... david

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
thought the same thing, seemed to be on rich side ,and 22* sounds high on a 36jet w/ a14:1 motor.

I leave on something similar ,with less timing, but more than Dave does and on more than 14:1 but cam is way wide and and very large exh. dur, near 30* more than int.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure how much timing I should pull out I 14 deg is not enough. I have a 7531 box and use the launch retard out of the hole to help the car hook.

David

·
Registered
228 Posts
whats the difference in 36 32 with 71/4 fuel press compared to 36 36 at 5 psi if both ways the plugs look good and car runs good.

The reason I ask is I run a very similiar setup to davids mustang and have had good luck with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I guess we are a little off on our tune could someone give me a good starting point like how much timing we should pull and fuel pressure.

Thanks
David

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
with the money you have in that motor i would call steve or monty and be prepared to give them all the details of your motor, I knocked 8 pistons out of my motor with factory nos tunes on the fogger, if i had it over to due i would have called one of them YOU NEED TO CALL AN EXPERT AND PAY THE MONEY ITS WORTH IT TRUST MEFordRules:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
whats the difference in 36 32 with 71/4 fuel press compared to 36 36 at 5 psi if both ways the plugs look good and car runs good.

The reason I ask is I run a very similiar setup to davids mustang and have had good luck with it.

i think 36 and 32 at 5 psi would be a good starting point, the 36 36 is a very dangerous ring lifting piston blowing tune up. even at 5 psi just my .02 but like i said it is worth the money to talk to an expert.:cool:

·
Registered
936 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I can't really comment on the fuel flow with the fogger since I use a plate setup, but timing sounds way high to me.

I run mine at 32 degrees total and pull 12 +extra on the end cylinders with my 7531 for a 225hp hit. 22 degrees on a hit that big sounds high.

What did the plugs look like, any timing marks?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts