Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Aviation Section
25,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Capt Bob Giuda, United Airlines......Last Night
Last night, for the first time in 47 years flying airplanes - from Piper Cub to A- 7, from Prowler to JetStar, from Cessna 150 to Boeing 777 - for the first ever, I felt uneasy as I pushed up the throttles as captain of a near-full Boeing 777 flying nonstop from Kuwait to Washington DC.

I felt uneasy as I flew over Iraq, with Israel and Gaza to the west, Iran to the east; then over Turkey, with Syria to the west and Ukraine to the east; then finally clear of that conflicted part of the world.

I felt uneasy because of a Russian-made SAM in the hands of lunatics who nonchalantly murdered 298 innocent civilians; uneasy because whether in an unsuspecting airliner or in a rural village; whether in tall buildings conducting world trade or nightclubs enjoying cocktails; whether praying to Jesus, or to Allah, or to whomever is the god of their choosing, fanatic ideologues, secular and religious, are pushing the world toward chaos.

I felt uneasy because the world is unquestionably much less safe today. America, once loved and, yes, feared for her Exceptionalism, is retreating from the necessary, if demanding, moral imperative of world leadership. The entire world once knew that if a rogue leader or nation violated a certain moral threshold, there would be very real and lasting consequences.

I felt uneasy because America, by the choices of those blessed beyond measure with prosperity and freedom, is abandoning the moral high ground necessary to be the "shining city on the hill.” Uneasy because we’ve surrendered our birthright of freedom, abandoned our respect for God as the author of all life; enshrined into law behaviors of man that flagrantly violate "the laws of nature and of nature's God." Uneasy because we have willfully placed man above God in the pyramid of creation. We have enslaved ourselves to money, power, lust and greed. And our children, and the rest of the world, are going to pay a terrible price for this.

America isn’t perfect, and she has made mistakes. But like no other nation, America has been the most beneficent superpower in history. We have invested time, talent, treasure and blood in defense of freedom - other people's freedom - because we knew that if we didn’t, evil would triumph and darkness would fall somewhere in the world. But we no longer have the will to protect the weak and helpless. Moral laxity, entitlement arrogance, disrespect for institutions, disdain for the religious underpinnings of our nation, and exaltation of worldliness at the expense of frugality, modesty and chastity, is accelerating the rise of darkness around the world.

I felt uneasy because America’s greatness was predicated on individual and collective sacrifice, but now I see her accelerating decline in the emerging ethos of personal entitlement and self-gratification which signaled the end of every advanced civilization in history.

I felt uneasy last night. And tonight, that hasn’t changed…

Robert J. Giuda

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
http://www.rense.com/general32/stp.htm
All civilian airlines should follow suit. Pathetic that it has come to this, though. Good luck to all who fly over that entire region. If US airlines do not use counter measures on every aircraft flying over hostile areas I think they should be held accountable. Granted its a huge investment to make, but the technology is already available. I would gladly pay a few extra bucks to fly on an airplane so equipped. Anyone else feel the same way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts