Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it says in the rules section they would be looked back over after the 3rd race, in my opinion they should be looked back over now. The big blocks need weight added or the small block minium weight needs to be changed. Whats everybody elses opinion on this???

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Maybe for the non conventional heads! There is no way you can add weight to the conventional heads!!!! Wasn't there a small block in the 20's?

How fast can a conventional big block go in this class?

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Rules dont seem bad. The SB where close to the ET as the BB. The one BB that won the race is I believe the only Milan purpose built car there friday.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Maybe for the non conventional heads! There is no way you can add weight to the conventional heads!!!! Wasn't there a small block in the 20's?

How fast can a conventional big block go in this class?
Dave I went 1.16 60' against van's 1.26 and I still got out e.t.'d by .03???????? its only logical math......but anytime I talk about something "I'm crying"??????
Glad someone else brought it up.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I know it says in the rules section they would be looked back over after the 3rd race, in my opinion they should be looked back over now. The big blocks need weight added or the small block minium weight needs to be changed. Whats everybody elses opinion on this???
You dont have to ask me.......only bad part is there aren't any small block guys to ask.........10-15% of the field anymore??

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
conventional head should get another 50lb deduct

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
and im thinking about a change in my program

·
Registered
344 Posts
a All Motor class should be weight per cubic inch
not small block weight vs big block weight

doesnt take long to pump a motor to check them

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
any ideals?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
a All Motor class should be weight per cubic inch
not small block weight vs big block weight

doesnt take long to pump a motor to check them
I agree, but thats not going to happen, there is not enough time on a friday. Plus you still can't run a 600inc conventional vs non coventional at the same weight.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Lance your only a tenth or 2 from them #s and i think the red bulb got you not Allen.
i think im going to step out of this class for some time and try to figure out what its going to take to pick up a 1/2 a sec and i know more money!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think they need at least 100lbs. to start with. Or if they dont want to add the weight then take a 100 lbs. off the small block cars. This will make the field a lot closer and there will also be a lot closer races.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I understand im 2 tenths from them but to get 2 more tenths out of my car will take a lot more money. It takes more money to make a small block run as fast as the big blocks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree, but thats not going to happen, there is not enough time on a friday. Plus you still can't run a 600inc conventional vs non coventional at the same weight.

everyone knows what CI they are at
enter CI on tech card with the weight you should be at
and conv. head vs non conv. head with weight break
run them across the scales after each pass and only pump the last 4 cars after the race
dont make the weight after pump then be DQ and no pay out

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
it depends on the motor, and conventional head bbc only shows a high 70s low 80s so just to show you its only two cars that are bbc in the class is not conventional and there the top 2 so don't hate on all the bb guys

·
Registered
749 Posts
One race and the bitching begins.

Why dont we all see what some of the other cars that couldnt make this race can do. Some people have some power left as they tune on the setup.

I'm not happy with the numbers I seen either.

If there is a rule change I say deduct from cars not add.

·
Super Moderator
34,736 Posts
Dave I went 1.16 60' against van's 1.26 and I still got out e.t.'d by .03???????? its only logical math......but anytime I talk about something "I'm crying"??????
Glad someone else brought it up.
I am going to try and be as unbiased in this discussion as possible from the racer in me, not the engine builder. Of course I can only be so unbiased, but please bear with me, I do not want the us against you, we against them situation... I want there to be civility between us all so please understand that.

Butch a 3500 pound car isn't going to go 1.16 60's on those tires. So that is not a good argument. That is not apples to apples. AGAIN, in the utmost respect with civility, You can't get around the fact that you went low .20's with a limited engine, in a non limited class. You say there is no more to gain with your combo, and I agree to a point, but you stand to gain big in the heat by default.

I agree as a racer, that things are spiraling out of control. As a racer, I agree that an .18 is getting crazy.

Guys you need to step back, and not do knee jerk in reactions. Knee jerk reactions never fix a bad situation. You need some time to see things play out before you go and make critical changes....

We are not in the heat of summer, where the heavy car will be HEAVILY impacted by the poor track conditions that are resultant.

Now let me switch modes here to an engine builder.

I have a big SBX small block coming out that will be fast, in a fox body for this class specifically. You're going to remove weight from this combo? That would be a big mistake because this is a combo developed for the class. Where, we are talking about removing weight for small block combos that are not optimized for the class? What is all your answer to that, given the situation I'm presenting here?

What happens when you remove weight from limited small blocks and then someone comes in with an outlaw small block? That IS going to happen, from multiple people soon.... now the big blocks are struggling, and even more so in the heat.

I don't know the answer.

What I do know, is that we have a VAST, Diverse field of conventional and non conventional engines and combos. 4 links, ladder bars, and stock suspension cars. Conventional heads, Outlaw heads and manifolds, things of that nature.

You all want to harness that in? And build structure around it? That is a little like Robin hood if you ask me. Taking from those who have built to the rules and giving to those who have not. Or is that communism? It's no wonder Obama got elected.

Lets address the suspension issue. The fastest 60 footing car the class has ever seen, has a suspension weight break. Is that right for the class? No, I do not want to change that. But it's an example of rules that have possibly been put in place as a knee jerk reaction.

So we need to bear everything in mind and not make crazy rule changes after only one race....

1 - 20 of 215 Posts