Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I have something similar to that. An Enco brand. I got mine on sale with free shipping. That made it worthwhile to buy. Shipping will add quite a chunk to the cost because it weighs a couple hundred pounds.

It does pretty good with small stuff. It bends, cuts and rolls 16Ga steel pretty easily, and I've cut .075" thick aluminum with it. I put mine on a wheeled platform so I can move it out of the way.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Last time I paid any attention, you could get the same thing except a different color, at Harbor Freight for about $600.00

KS

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
You might want to visit a working sheet metal shop and go from there on what you want . There is no one tool fits all for this type of work .craigslist can be very helpful also. I bought a 10'x 16 gage break for $1000 off there site, had to travel , but well worth it .find a one cut slitter and 36"slip roller harbor freight has a bead roller and your off.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I have one, it's 40" it's good for what it is. You're not setting the world on fire but it works good.

·
UP ON JACK STANDS
4,175 Posts
It is only 2 feet wide. Unless you are building a Smart ,car bulkheads, firewalls and seat deletes will be too big.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
the guy's where I work get some stuff from the yard , they have lots of stuff

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
You will need a minimum 48" break, and even that will limit you. 60
Will suffice.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
that will help you out a lot. keep an eye out on cl. I've bought most of my stuff on there. the 52 will get you by but then you will want an 8 ft of everything. i started with a 37 shear and a little roller and now i have a 8 ft break 52 shear and 36 roller. and of course i want an 8 ft shear and a bigger roller still. its nice to be able to take a full sheet of metal and be able to start working without cutting it by hand first just to fit in your machine. but that stuff does take up a lot of room

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
You'll need an 8 foot shear as well as an 8 foot brake to get anything done.
Buy American made equipment, it will last forever.
IMHO, you should visit a real, working sheet metal shop and see what they are using to get some idea of what to buy.
BTW, I'm a retired sheetmetal worker with about 35 years in the trade.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I am looking for a good unit to make small things like rear seat deletes, bulkheads, firewall stuff etc.....

This any good?
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...i_sku=334987&gclid=CJSEjqaa_rkCFew9QgodUUQApA

You're better off with a sheetmetal folder type brake than a pathetic manual pressbrake.

Get a Box and pan with fingers to fold into corners.

here ya go [ 48" wide too ]

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/NTESearch?storeId=6970&ipp=24&Ntt=box+and+pan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts