Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shakedown Palm Beach will take place on March 4th & 5th. We will have Pro Mods, Outlaw 10.5, Outlaw Drag Radial/Limited Street, X275, Pro Drag Bike and one Killer Import Class ! Great Stuff indeed but many have asked Is Palm Beach located in the USA ? If so is it near Vegas ? Can you drive there or is a boat necessary ?? Well i'm here to tell you all Palm Beach is on US soil and it can't be reached by land ! Yay...please read copy of post below for more insight on such....as always thank you for the opportunity to work with the heads up community twice in a year.

Bacarty we got time to work on that. Travel time from Long Island to Palm beach is 21 hours....the power base of team north is located in South Jersey-MD area which reduces that a few hours. No matter i do agree going to Palm beach will be a haul HOWEVER lets talk about the positives...

a) to get out of the cold, snowy blustery weather for a weekend of Sun, Fun, Racing and lining up the our brothers from the South in good, clean - fast competition is something that has great appeal.

b) The 2011 Team North racing season is going to be so competitive with soooo many great teams in our area....To get a chance to go south, get some testing in and some live competition to sharpen up and get a head start on the competiton could payoff big when the racing starts in the North.

c) Team North wants to race the best of the best. In Oct we will ask our Team South Brothers to come to E'town to race against the best the North has to offer. So it would only be cool for us to roll into the South, in the Spring, to get it done and over with ! Also to have bragging rights for almost the entire year. Did I mention we worked in a deal to make thursday a FULL day of testing to help get our stuff together and ready for a years worth of battles ??

d) South Florida is far....but to race in a North/South battle that actually pits cars from 2 different regions against one another where it counts is awesome. Just asked Chuck Ulsch, Joe Newsham, Mo Hall, Richard Sexton, Terris Hicks, Tony Johnson, Steve Kirk, Jack Barfied, Michael/vip, Damien/vip, Mike Hill and all others who ran the 1st ever north/south head to head shootout how MUCH FUN & HOW DIFFERENT it was from a normal race.

e) Lastly yes I once again admit Palm Beach is Far Far Far away, Palm Beach is at the end of the globe, if you go much further south then Palm Beach you will fall off, and we also know Palm Beach is a baseball throw away from castro & cuba, hell if you make it palm beach China can't be all that far ?? Let me tell all Team North Members this: I have been to Palm Beach recently and yes it is a FOREIGN LAND that is FAR AWAY but it is a Nice place. Believe it or NOT they have GREAT restarants, Clean, reasonably priced hotel rooms, great highways for ease of movement, great beaches. I understand if we go to that far way place we won't have time for the beaches but perhaps we can take an hour or so in the mornings to go walk down the Piers 1/4 mile into the ocean to smell the salty / sunny air, look at the wild-life and just enjoy a moment far far way....

I QUESTION IF PALM BEACH IS FAR ENOUGH AWAY ???? I'm thinking it might not be far enought ??? :razz:

.... to all my team north members....I do understand that some of you would luv to come to this foreign far far away land to race, to represent and to get your stuff fine tuned BUT you just can make it happen because of a shortage of $$$$. I do understand this and I don't have a smart ass / silly story for this. However if your on Team North and you would like to attend Shakedown PBIR but need "Some" help to make it happen please call me at 516 322 8142 or email [email protected] you can be assured our conversations will be kept private.

Lastly Since this is our 1st crack at a new market I could use and would appreciate any and all help making this race a success. From announcing your plans to attend to helping us spread the word, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...

Dave

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
Doesnt seem that far to me.:p We will be there ready to stomp a mudhole in the team north cars just like we will have done a week prior. If anyone needs any gas money from SGMP to PBIR let me know so we can take it out of our WINNINGS and break you off a piece.

THE NIGHT THE LIGHTS WENT OUT IN GEORGIA FEB 25-27 AND THEN YOU CAN FOLLOW US DOWN TO THE SOUTHERN SHAKEDOWN FOR ANOTHER ASSWHOOPIN.:smt082

·
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesnt seem that far to me.:p We will be there ready to stomp a mudhole in the team north cars just like we will have done a week prior. If anyone needs any gas money from SGMP to PBIR let me know so we can take it out of our WINNINGS and break you off a piece.

THE NIGHT THE LIGHTS WENT OUT IN GEORGIA FEB 25-27 AND THEN YOU CAN FOLLOW US DOWN TO THE SOUTHERN SHAKEDOWN FOR ANOTHER ASSWHOOPIN.:smt082
Life is truly great if your a drag racer. 2 great winter races, back to back, just hope all the excitement is not tooo much on the heart !

There you have it, 2 great chances to make money for one trip ! Get your stuff ready cause spring 2011 will be the greatest ever !
We plan on sweeping both races !

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
Life is truly great if your a drag racer. 2 great winter races, back to back, just hope all the excitement is not tooo much on the heart !

There you have it, 2 great chances to make money for one trip ! Get your stuff ready cause spring 2011 will be the greatest ever !
We plan on weeping at both races !
fixed it for you. I agree with you now:cool:

·
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay now....you sound confident so a wager (non monatary) may be in order that says Team North Car will take Outlaw Radial Class ? Give me a minute to come up with something .... it will be good and and I can see a video on the horizon !;)

NEW YORK MOTORSPORTS will pay $1,000 to the lucky Outlaw Drag Radial Team / Limited Street Team that doubles up and wins both events !

Parking arrangements also being worked out for those teams that would luv to attend both events ! Book flights now to both Jacksonville (for south georgia) and Palm Beach...air fares are pretty cheap at moment.

·
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good.....see ya there!
great, the more the merrier. ....and for more info on the race go to WWW.SHAKEDOWNPBIR.COM then scroll down to the pbir flyer. Thanks and one of the great things about these 2 great races is we get to meet so many friends from the bullet. People often walk up and say hi i'm Bob but you may know me as blah blah on yellowbullet. I'm dude I feel like I know ya...no denying the "Power of the Bullet" , as a racer and a half ass promoter the bullet has made life very good.:supz:

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
My mom and dads winter place is less than 15 minutes from the track, maybe I'll have to pay them a visit :)

·
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whew, just got of the phone with one of the leaders of Team North, Mr. Kenny Doak will be in da house with approx 6 Team North Hitters ! Kenny will have a car in every class from drag radial, 10.5 and Pro Mod. Thank you for the call Kenny, you made my day !

·
Registered
693 Posts
SHHHHHHHHH!!! Last thing we need is more up north fockers comin down here and finding out how good we got it! LOL!

Dave dont take this the wrong way but I still think its fargin retarded you got imports and bikes but dumped the heavy street guys.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts