Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have a bbc with a dominator and just picked up a speedtech plate.
1. What jets should I put in to start with? (want to start small)
2. What flowing fuel pressure should it be at and what size jet in my flow guage is recommended?
Any other input from people that run this plate would be nice. I ran a Bigshot plate for years and thats all I know.
3. What jetting and fuel pressure would be good for around 300hp?
4. Need to buy a pair of solenoids for it, What should I get?
5. What regulator should I run? Right now running a dead head cheapo Holley?
Thanks in advance....... The Spring Hill SCUMBAG CREW.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
damn Mikey,i thought you would have got some answers already about the plate...you must have pissed these people off with the big paragraph and our crews name..Scumbag Inc. for life bitches...would really like some help fellow racers...thanks for your time...

·
[email protected] JoeCool Performance
2,076 Posts
I dont know if that plate is any different than the others as far as flow but those jet sizes seem way too small for those advertised hp numbers on the bigger tuneups, also those fuel pressures are crazy high for the lack of jet spread. But what do I know, I prefer the old school bar type plates myself.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know if that plate is any different than the others as far as flow but those jet sizes seem way too small for those advertised hp numbers on the bigger tuneups, also those fuel pressures are crazy high for the lack of jet spread. But what do I know, I prefer the old school bar type plates myself.
Thats whhat I was thinking about the fuel pressure.
What size jet in the flow guage??:confused:
I know I have to try new things to go faster but the speedtech info seemed so different I was hesitant to try without asking..

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have the speedtech 4150 single stage plate. I put mine just as the sheet says then most of the time I might have to lower the fuel pressure a little of play with the timing a little. But its always pretty close to the spec sheet from speedtech.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the speedtech 4150 single stage plate. I put mine just as the sheet says then most of the time I might have to lower the fuel pressure a little of play with the timing a little. But its always pretty close to the spec sheet from speedtech.
what jets and fuel pressure do you run

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have run all of the jets that come with the plate at some time. With a 102 pill I run 12.5 psi. I run what the speedtech sheet says and make little adjustments to the fuel and timing after looking at plugs

·
[email protected] JoeCool Performance
2,076 Posts
Thats whhat I was thinking about the fuel pressure.
What size jet in the flow guage??:confused:
I know I have to try new things to go faster but the speedtech info seemed so different I was hesitant to try without asking..
As far as I understand when the system used uses a single jet for the fuel, you use the same jet on the flow tool that youre spraying with, if the system uses multiple fuel jets then use a .73 size to flow.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as I understand when the system used uses a single jet for the fuel, you use the same jet on the flow tool that youre spraying with, if the system uses multiple fuel jets then use a .73 size to flow.
So its 73 in the flow gauge?

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Everyone I know uses a .073 jet in their flow guage no matter what jet they run. It seems to be the standard that everyone uses and lets you compare your stuff to theirs. I run a difuser plate and I run 5.5 PSI fuel to start with any tune up I run. If I don't like the plugs I'll change the fuel jet to stay with 5.5 or close. I pull 1 degree for every 50 HP of NOS to start out too. Bottle around 950 PSI. I also found if you go to some big tune up you better have some good fuel too. On average I end up with about a 5 number spread with the NOS being highest. Read the plugs and adjust to make them happy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everyone I know uses a .073 jet in their flow guage no matter what jet they run. It seems to be the standard that everyone uses and lets you compare your stuff to theirs. I run a difuser plate and I run 5.5 PSI fuel to start with any tune up I run. If I don't like the plugs I'll change the fuel jet to stay with 5.5 or close. I pull 1 degree for every 50 HP of NOS to start out too. Bottle around 950 PSI. I also found if you go to some big tune up you better have some good fuel too. On average I end up with about a 5 number spread with the NOS being highest. Read the plugs and adjust to make them happy.
Have you Read the fuel pressure recommendations on the speedtech web? 13 sounds high. http://www.speedtechnitrous.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&view=book&id=5&page=1&Itemid=14

·
Registered
6,311 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
on A SINGLE STAGE PLATE SYSTEM WITH JUST ONE FUEL JET THERE IS NO NEED TO USE A 73 JET TO SET FLOWING PRESSURE,USE THE JET FROM THE PLATE.......oh sorry cap locks .

·
Registered
774 Posts
It's funny everyone has different tune ups for the same plates. I have run the 102 with 12.5 of fuel pressure thru a 73 jet for 5years now. I have not hurt anything running off there tune up sheets. The plugs always look good hell I bet I have made over 400 passes in the last two years and the engine still has the same rings.I guess the best thing to do is make a pass and look at your plugs and go from there.

·
Registered
373 Posts
mike i told you amillion times spread it at 5 less on the fuel thats what brandon switzer told me he only owns half the company leave the thing @ 5.5lbs/073 jet because everybody wants to be so safe ,but the fact is to much fuel is what kills shit.read the plugs leave the fuel pressure and work the fuel jet on plate. start off @.73/.65 950 psi bottle being your running conventional heads with 119cc chambers you got plenty of window buddy .everything i told you was answered up above just let it ride, pull 10 to start safe and dont forget that cam is only a 112 hope it's straight up pretty much done @ 300hp shot unless your only stay1/8th mile .you will most likely have to take some delay out as well because its going to want to blow the tire off the rim. now get the fuck over here and finish wiring my shit o.k!!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
Guys,
The Speedtech jetting has worked for many but is not the best it can be. In most cases you have a few options here ??? One is use there jetting and work at it from there to correct as you tune, two is use some jetting recommendations you get from an outside source that you trust as a start, or third get your system flowed and set up for your application...

Again on fuel pressure you have the same options. We map all these plates to run between 5-6 PSI except some of the larger tunes. In some cases you have to use higher fuel pressure as the fuel passage in the plates is to small...

On good solenoids here's two that would work great and you can get online..

Here's a nitrous solenoid we have on sale again as we have an over stock on them again..

http://www.induction-solutions.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=194

Here's our fuel

http://www.induction-solutions.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=198

Hope this helps.. SJ

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm local so I'll pick up some solenoids from you Steve. sounds like your shit has been working for a while 572nova so thats a safe start. Thanks everybody for the info, Going to sunshine for some tnt on wed. night. Speedyj bring your shit out.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts