Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friendship isn't always easily described. The Eskimos, they say, have a hundred different words for snow. Unfortunately, the English language isn't quite as innovative, though it has vast opportunities to differentiate meaning. Certainly, Love is one of those opportunities. And so, too, is Friendship.

Instead of different words, however, we're stuck with simple adjectives. Close friend. Best friend. Childhood friend. Intimate friend. Trusted friend. Beloved friend. But whether you use adjectives or different words, few could deny the nearly infinite meaning in such a simple word.

Friends are special people. We can't pick our family, and we're sorely limited in the number of them at any rate. Society and mores (and often our own conscience) dictate we select a single mate. But our friends can be as diverse and infinite as the adjectives we choose. Our friends, in a very real sense, reflect the choices we make in life.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Amen! If all my friends were in the same room together, most of them would not get along, go figure! I love each and every one of them for who they are and that is what makes each of them so special :)

Thanks for the post, it is the first thing to really make me feel good since Sunday night!

gearjaammer said:
Friendship isn't always easily described. The Eskimos, they say, have a hundred different words for snow. Unfortunately, the English language isn't quite as innovative, though it has vast opportunities to differentiate meaning. Certainly, Love is one of those opportunities. And so, too, is Friendship.

Instead of different words, however, we're stuck with simple adjectives. Close friend. Best friend. Childhood friend. Intimate friend. Trusted friend. Beloved friend. But whether you use adjectives or different words, few could deny the nearly infinite meaning in such a simple word.

Friends are special people. We can't pick our family, and we're sorely limited in the number of them at any rate. Society and mores (and often our own conscience) dictate we select a single mate. But our friends can be as diverse and infinite as the adjectives we choose. Our friends, in a very real sense, reflect the choices we make in life.

·
Registered
182 Posts
docoldsotherhalf said:
Amen! If all my friends were in the same room together, most of them would not get along, go figure! I love each and every one of them for who they are and that is what makes each of them so special :)
HMMM... I think you hit the nail on the head shannon.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
racergirl said:
docoldsotherhalf said:
HMMM... I think you hit the nail on the head shannon.
I have to agree with both of you!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote from Shannon:
Amen! If all my friends were in the same room together, most of them would not get along, go figure! I love each and every one of them for who they are and that is what makes each of them so special

Thanks for the post, it is the first thing to really make me feel good since Sunday night!

Thanks Shannon, non of us want to see any of our friends hurt, because in turn it hurts us as well. I'm glad it made you feel better.

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Thanks Usedcar..

OK the meaning of friendship...

A friend is someone who will kick you in the ass and tell you you're a fuckin idiot when you do wrong

A friend is someone who will pay your bills when you have lost everything

A friend is someone you can argue with on an off topic and drink a beer together at the boob bar after

A friend is a guy who goes gets two blowjobs and comes back and gives you one...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Money, money, money

It can buy a House
But not a Home
It can buy a Bed
But not Sleep
It can buy a Clock
But not Time
It can buy you a Book
But not Knowledge
It can buy you a Position
But not Respect
It can buy you Medicine
But not Health
It can buy you Blood
But not Life
So you see, Money isn't everything. And it often causes pain and suffering.
I tell you all this because I am your Friend, and as your Friend I want to take away your pain and suffering...

So send me all your money and I will suffer for you.
A more true Friend you will never find:)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Friend

I had a friend for 24 years, someone i trusted with my life, that is gone now. Who has this person become that i have known these many years? i don't know who this person is anymore :( I don't think i will ever get an answer.

Ok I'm tired. I have many other trusted and true friends to pick me up and see me through my tough times and i am thankful for them. I love you guys. Thanks for being there!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts