Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would make an A/F reading be off by a full point from one bank to the other? Pass side @ WOT is 12.4 and the drivers side read 13.3.What would cause this?
383, Rpm air gap,Pro sys HP 950. pump gas, dont know what else to tell you ............. hope to get some help

Thanx guys

·
Professor
90,869 Posts
I'm having the same problem too.....except the other way around..

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
swap the o2 from side to side and see if they read the same except on different bank....A lot of times its the manifold that would do that but it sounds like yours is out of the box???any port work done to the intake??
What do the 4 plugs look like compared to the opposite side??

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Assuming you're using dual widebands. Change the sensors from side to side to eliminate sensor error. Also, check the plugs and see if that info shows up on those as well.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Treed!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx guys. I did swap the o2 sens. and had the same reading. also plugs looked pretty close in colour. I thought exhaust leak, but i would think you would hear that

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Plugs don't lie. Are the sensors in the same location and distance away from the head?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx for all the replies guys. Just has me scratching my head.Could lowering high speed air bleeds help at all?

·
Registered
534 Posts
In my opinion a A/F gauge is a great tool to help in tuning your engine. You still have too read the plug. As tt69camaro said the plug won't lie!
It seems too me that the art of reading spark plugs is becoming a dieing art!
Bottom line here listen too what the plug is saying! :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys, thanx for the help. Was under the car tonite and noticed that the collector gasket on the driver side looked sort of burt. Aftr replacing the gasket ,it looked pretty fried to me, so with that ,might have been the cause. Plan on going back in 2 weeks, I'll post or try to borrow an o2 kit from someone.........thanx again for the help

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please excuse me but could you explain what you mean? i do(did) notice some smoke coming from the breather on the pass side . no more than normal ,but idid notice also that one of the v/c hold downs weeps oil from the stud (not alot) but I did notice it and it made me go hummmmm dont know if this has anything to do with what you mean...........

·
Registered
770 Posts
I know on a BBC the pass side runs fatter then the drivers side. Piston problems because of to much fuel is usally on the pass side

1 - 15 of 15 Posts