Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Authorities searching for other vehicle that fled? Probably because other vehicle wasn't racing to begin with & had no idea they were "fleeing"
Moron in the mustang tried to pass them in a curve & lost it & they just kept driving.

·
Registered
18,012 Posts
Friend of mine owned a local niche speed shop. He had a half dozen young-buck customers that had incredibly fast Mustangs for street racing. Even though they had cages he admitted to me they were a real handful to drive and way short on safety gear.
JMHO: Fast cars are a real handful on a manicured race track then to race fast cars on a piece of shit public roadway is just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
18,012 Posts
Authorities searching for other vehicle that fled? Probably because other vehicle wasn't racing to begin with & had no idea they were "fleeing"
Moron in the mustang tried to pass them in a curve & lost it & they just kept driving.
When driving my Lightning there have been numerous times ricers and shit like that will be beside me racing like hell as I normally leave a light. That is because Lightnings are magnificent torque monsters that easily get to 45-55 mph in a heartbeat with no muss, no fuss, no sweat, no loud pipes, no rubber and barely any throttle. I'm only aware of them 'racing' me as I approach the speed limit and they go flying past me. When you do go WOT on a Lightning sure it's loud, tires spin etc..
Never has happened, but I'd hate to have a cop nail me on a speed-contest because some clown thinks he is racing me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Coming from a fox body into a s187(yes I know it’s s197) I was surprised at how suddenly the car would wind up with the front end pointed at the curb when doing a burnout. The car very suddenly snaps the ass back the opposite direction whereas the fox was very easy To modulate with throttle or steering.

·
having fun
31,174 Posts
Coming from a fox body into a s187(yes I know it’s s197) I was surprised at how suddenly the car would wind up with the front end pointed at the curb when doing a burnout. The car very suddenly snaps the ass back the opposite direction whereas the fox was very easy To modulate with throttle or steering.
all easily fixed if you understand the dynamics of an s197 chassis and suspension-the springs are no longer on the arms,they push on the axle tubes under load-plus you have this weak as shit stamped panhard bar being supported by a stamped support brace over that-combined with stamped control arms,all of this is a spring board nightmare when its loaded down and then bounces back,i have owned many s197s now that ive replaced and reinforced everything factory with whiteline racing support and panhard,a reinforced and supported axle housing and good control arms-you cant expect a rear end to stay stable when you apply all of the load of a squatting suspension to an axle housing thats moving around side to side under the car due to the inherent design of a panhard rod setup-ps i also own a full griggs gr40 road race car{fox body} and understand this stuff very well-its morons that dont understand how stamped steel thin shit works that crash em that easily

21 - 28 of 28 Posts