Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1119 Posts

·
LS Powah!
10,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Chinese economy, the 2nd largest in the world, is at a standstill due to hundreds of millions of people being under quarantine over the coronavirus. This is already causing supply disruptions all over the world. Factories are shutting down as they can't get necessary parts and supplies from China for production. Over 90% of pharmaceuticals are manufactured in China. Thanks to "just in time inventory", it won't take long to start seeing bare shelves here. There is already a shortage of N95 masks, as most are manufactured in China. This isn't even taking into account effects of the virus itself should it become widespread here.

Buckle up folks, because shit has already hit the fan in China and will spread to the rest of the world. I know some of you will laugh and think this is nothing to worry about. I honestly hope you're right, but it sure doesn't look like it. Our "booming economy" is about to evaporate. This is going to make 2008 look like a Sunday picnic.

Reactions: OaklandJeff

·
Registered
32,094 Posts
You gotta love it when a self-inflicted biological weapon destroys their economy and opens up opportunities for US Manufacturing just like tariffs did. And the best part about it is that all the motherfucking piece of shit leftists and delusionally fucked up millennials can’t even blame Trump for it.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Been thinking this for a bit. 2-4 months of shut down over there will put a strain on product coming here for a while. Your avg idiot won't think nothing about it till they can' get parts for their iphone or starbucks machine. I could see prices raising across the board on items. If they don't get a hold of the virus and say they have to stay shut down for 8 months or longer you will see places closing up shop due to no inventory.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
We are experiencing a delay in circuit boards. No relief in site, current delay is 14 days.

·
Registered
32,094 Posts
Hey Opie...Can you name the author you plagiarized that garbage from...??...So I can call him a fucking idiot too...
Go easy on him... he’s just one of those stupid millennials.

Reactions: Breadburner

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
We are experiencing a delay in circuit boards. No relief in site, current delay is 14 days.
my employer is currently offering temporary layoffs in my work area...
The circuit boards that are the main part of the panels I test are from China.

" YET ANOTHER JUST IN TIME " win !

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I think the op might be surprised how small of an affect this will have. Sure there are some things from China we need but most of it is a bunch of crap that people can do without, especially for a few months. Yawn.

·
LS Powah!
10,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the op might be surprised how small of an affect this will have. Sure there are some things from China we need but most of it is a bunch of crap that people can do without, especially for a few months. Yawn.
So we can do without 90% of over the counter drugs?

·
Registered
32,094 Posts
Reactions: GTAShief

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
That will be the main issue. All those who need medicine for heart issues and other life threatening diseases will be in serious trouble very soon if something isnt done. I hope though that this will help to stimulate manufacturing here in the states and bring back production of all goods we need.

1 - 20 of 1119 Posts