1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its only a little motor. About 500hp. I just cant figure out why since it is 12 @ 160lbs injectors, with a base pressure of 75ish, ramping to 130ish, (mechanical pump, spinning a little faster then normal), and I am at 80% duty cycle at 45 psi boost, or 99% duty cycle at 55 psi boost, on Meth. I thought it would have made more.
Damn imports! What she make?

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I dont have much faith in chassis dyno numbers. Youll know what it really makes when i goes through the traps.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I concur, but I was joking a little. Dyno said 930. It is making a tick more then that.
I dont have much faith in chassis dyno numbers. Youll know what it really makes when i goes through the traps.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Its only a little motor. About 500hp. I just cant figure out why since it is 12 @ 160lbs injectors, with a base pressure of 75ish, ramping to 130ish, (mechanical pump, spinning a little faster then normal), and I am at 80% duty cycle at 45 psi boost, or 99% duty cycle at 55 psi boost, on Meth. I thought it would have made more.
Damn that is way too much hardware to make 1k on a supra? 55psi for that power seems extremely off. What sized turbo? You should be making 900 with half the boost and half the injectors. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last time I had a 2500+ hp ride on this dyno, it made just about the same power as mine just did, according to the graph. I do not put stock in it. I know what it makes by the fuel it burns, and will run it on the track to verify. This dyno does just fine up to about 1000hp, after that, it is just wheel spin.
The turbo is an old school 91, the block is filled, and it is just a tick over 3.0.
I just used up 12 160lbs injectors, and it is not rich. You do the math. I also do not have a wheel speed sensor wired up yet, so I can not calculate converter slip. I will say that it is strong compared to the many other 1000+ hp 2J powered cars I have built, and 95% have been manual transmission.
A blower guy can tell you exactly how much power that amount of burnt fuel equates to.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
is this the build you were doing in the turbo section?? looks good

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Last time I had a 2500+ hp ride on this dyno, it made just about the same power as mine just did, according to the graph. I do not put stock in it. I know what it makes by the fuel it burns, and will run it on the track to verify. This dyno does just fine up to about 1000hp, after that, it is just wheel spin.
The turbo is an old school 91, the block is filled, and it is just a tick over 3.0.
I just used up 12 160lbs injectors, and it is not rich. You do the math. I also do not have a wheel speed sensor wired up yet, so I can not calculate converter slip. I will say that it is strong compared to the many other 1000+ hp 2J powered cars I have built, and 95% have been manual transmission.
A blower guy can tell you exactly how much power that amount of burnt fuel equates to.
Well yeah that's why I was asking because for all the fuel your running it would need to be making double what you quoted. Your right though nothing quite as unreliable as a chassis dyno. Do you fill the blocks completely or 2/3's? I'm assuming that's not on a stock crank? How about a girdle, do y'all run the stock one or reenforce the mains? A friend just made over 1300 and I was curious how on the edge he is.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Full fill, but not needed till about that 1300hp number IMHO. Stock crank. Just billet mains and fasteners, no girdle. I have broken a total of 7 stock mains over the years. 5 at once, in one motor, on one launch, and 2 at the same time in another motor. I have not broken a billet main at 1500ish hp on one of these motors. I do billet mains in motors over 1000hp, otherwise the stock one do just fine.
I fill the block mainly because I do not need as much water under the tires when the head lifts.
Well yeah that's why I was asking because for all the fuel your running it would need to be making double what you quoted. Your right though nothing quite as unreliable as a chassis dyno. Do you fill the blocks completely or 2/3's? I'm assuming that's not on a stock crank? How about a girdle, do y'all run the stock one or reenforce the mains? A friend just made over 1300 and I was curious how on the edge he is.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Full fill, but not needed till about that 1300hp number IMHO. Stock crank. Just billet mains and fasteners, no girdle. I have broken a total of 7 stock mains over the years. 5 at once, in one motor, on one launch, and 2 at the same time in another motor. I have not broken a billet main at 1500ish hp on one of these motors. I do billet mains in motors over 1000hp, otherwise the stock one do just fine.
I fill the block mainly because I do not need as much water under the tires when the head lifts.
Ah nice to know. He's got it about 2/3 filled with stock crank and mains and L19 Head and main studs. He insists that will hold but I was worried about the mains. I myself am building an RB25 which is a very similar motor but the oem mains come reenforced with a factory girdle not the individual mains. What power can you get out of stock crank before a billet piece is required? Excellent work btw and thanks for sharing both the video and info.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am not scared of 1500, unless something goes wrong. But when stuff goes wrong, it does not matter what you have in there. Your friend will be fine, again, as long as nothing goes wrong.
I am familiar with the rb motor as well.
Ah nice to know. He's got it about 2/3 filled with stock crank and mains and L19 Head and main studs. He insists that will hold but I was worried about the mains. I myself am building an RB25 which is a very similar motor but the oem mains come reenforced with a factory girdle not the individual mains. What power can you get out of stock crank before a billet piece is required? Excellent work btw and thanks for sharing both the video and info.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I'm not impressed! hahaha:drinkers:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts