Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
X275 Derby Winner!
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give a BIG Thanks for taking the time to help a fellow racer in need out.

I have been struggling with my new combination for a while now (changed too many things at once). I had also switched to the new Holley Dominator EFi and have not been able to get a handle on the tune.... Steve took the time to look through my tune and logs and made some changes to a few of the tables.

Yesterday right off the trailer, we were able to run a 5.11 @ 141. I tweeked a few numbers and ran a 5.13 @ 128 knocking the discharge tube off 4.2 seconds into the run. That was enough to put us #4 on the ladder of 18 cars. First round (same tune), the car ran a 5.06 @ 141.9 but I shifted into high gear 900rpm early and feel it would have put us @ 5.01-5.02. The rain came in and ended our night early (won that round, so we are still in :p).
I feel there is a lot more in it, and I am looking forward to Shakedown @ E-Town!

Thanks a Million for everything Steve! We were struggling with this for a while and you have moved our program in the right dirrection! Our plan is to put the 3.50 gear back in it (currently 3.20) and put it on the dyno this Wednesday... I will keep you posted on the results ;)

As many of you guys out there already know, Contact Steve Morris for all of your Supercharged Blow-through and EFi needs, he is the man!

Don Barnett

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
That's awesome Don, great to hear about the good progress on the car!! I'll be looking for some new Youtube videos and keep up the great work!

·
X275 Derby Winner!
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I think it is making more power than last year, but I made a bad call with the gear change in the rear... I gotta catch up to these guys running bottom 4.9x - high 4.8x.

DonB.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Congrats, Steve is the man, I only wish his shop was closer to New Jersey but well worth the road trip. I look foward to seeing that beast at the Shakedown.

·
X275 Derby Winner!
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Steve, headed to the dyno today to try and find the "sweet spot" for this motor. I will shoot you a text and let you know how it worked out for us..
Headed to Shakedown to E-Town after the dyno and we are excited about finishing the season strong!
DonB.

More than happy to help you with your Holley EFI tune up, glad it all worked well for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts