Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to Thank Bill Bader Jr, Kurt Johnson & the entire staff at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio for all their efforts at the 11th Annual Shakedown at the Summit event. For those of you who attended the event you witnessed first hand how hard the staff battled to keep track dry and in tip top shape. In all my years drag racing I have never scene such an effort and on most days the rain won out but boy what a fight the track staff put up and at great cost too.

Bad weather aside I commend everyone at the track on well organized well run event. Every member of the staff I encountered was friendly & helpful. The facility was spotless and you could tell ownership & staff take great pride in their facility.
When we were able to race we ran very good as the track was awesome !

Prior to last year I never envisioned Shakedown event being held at any other track other than Etown. E'town remains my favorite track and I have fond memories of taking my brothers old chevy impala down the quarter mile at a very "Young" :p age. Also I've spent approx. 1/4 of my life-time (10 years) doing Shakedown event at E'town so the place became special to me and remains so to this day. Sadly due to the growth of the Shakedown event, the limitations placed on E'town by the local government & plain economics it became necessary to end its tenure at E'town. Although not planned and not expected we handed the Shakedown event off to the Bader family & Summit Motorsports Park hoping event would continue to exist and produce great Drag Racing Performances. Now that the Shakedown at the Summit event has concluded I can say I'm relieved and happy to report the event went well and is in GREAT hands. I'm excited and looking forward to the next Shakedown at the Summit event and they have my full support. I've told my family in the event I get hit with a lighting bolt and cease to exist please let it be known that the Shakedown event shall remain with Summit Motorsports Park until the end of time or til the day it is no-longer wanted at such venue. My heart goes out to the team that made Shakedown the great event it is...Founders include Michelle M, Eddie K, Wayne K, Andy C, Quick V, Al Tucc all of whom played an equal roll in making & maintaining Shakedown over a decade. And also Many thanks to the many who joined Shakedown and helped take it to higher levels (too many to list) thank you all too ! Last but def not least a big thank you to Monty & the entire Yellowbullet family for all the support and help in reaching our goals...THANK YOU.

Thank again to the entire Staff, to all the raceteams that attended, to all the media to provided wonderful coverage & to my new best friends Bill Bader Jr & Kurt Johnson for working with a strange bird from NYC !

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Had a great time

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Great event, already making plans to be there next year.

Dave you could not of said it better, the Bader Family (including the employees) did a great job in tough conditions. Watching ProMods runing the full 1/4 or doing a 1/8 mile wheelie was awsome!! Small Block X275 Nitrous Record reset, you name it, it happened.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The live feed was top notch as well.

·
Registered
948 Posts
great news!

i look forward to many more shakedown's at the summit.

thanks dave, the bader's, and anyone else envolved in bringing the shakedown to norwalk.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Tip of the hat to all involved, Bader family, track crew, David, Kurt, and everyone else!
Top notch folks and facility.
Thanks and we will be planning to be back next time!
Scott

·
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tip of the hat to all involved, Bader family, track crew, David, Kurt, and everyone else!
Top notch folks and facility.
Thanks and we will be planning to be back next time!
Scott
Congrats to you and your team on greats runs and the BADDEST Caddy in the World !!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I had not been to norwalk since 2005 and after i was there for 10 minutes i couldnt figure out how i had stayed away from that gem of a track for 8 years. I will definetly be back spectating again next year

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
It's already on the schedule for next year! Great job to all involved.

·
Registered
950 Posts

·
8=======D ~~~~
2,924 Posts
Norwalk is without a doubt the best facility in the US
To all involved in making the event go off I thank you!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
im glad to see other people experiencing what some of have known for a long time, the people, place, and events at smp, or "norwalk" as we still call it, are and always will be top notch. probably most of my best racing memories have taken place there and I don't get down there as much as i'd like to but they always provide the best. thanks again to everyone involved with shakedown and looking forward to many more!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts