Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember a post last week that I was looking for a contact at Barry Grant to help resolve an issue.

Adam ([email protected] on here) got in touch with me right away and was able to get me taken care of that morning and get my pump shipped back to me in time. I figured the Bullet was due for a kudos thread instead of a bitch and moan.

Thanks Keith of Keplinger Designs for passing the contact info on and a big thanks to Adam at Barry Grant for taking care of me very well. It was much appreciated and I want to make sure this was seen by the Bullet so you'd get the recognition deserved.

Thanks again.

Jay

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
Way to go Barry Grant, for customer service that is not seen that much anymore.....................

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Get back to us in a month when it fails again. I used to back BG but their junk is so bad now, that I wouldnt give 2 sacks of dogshit for anything they have.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Get back to us in a month when it fails again. I used to back BG but their junk is so bad now, that I wouldnt give 2 sacks of dogshit for anything they have.

Whats wrong with bg-

i though their stuff was good-

Thanks

Nick--

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Yeahhhh, my pump from them came with the extra bonus metal shavings which cut the o-rings to shit when they assembled it. It poured fuel all over. They said: "Send it to us we will fix it and get in back to you in a week or two", I said send me the orings. They said no, I can not service it. I said fuck you and remachined it myself and re-oringed it. It worked when I sold it a week later for 1/3 what I paid for it. Dont even get me started on the King Demon RS I bought from them. Never ever again... B.G. my balls, your lips... suck. They wont ever get a dime from me again.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Yeahhhh, my pump from them came with the extra bonus metal shavings which cut the o-rings to shit when they assembled it. It poured fuel all over. They said: "Send it to us we will fix it and get in back to you in a week or two", I said send me the orings. They said no, I can not service it. I said fuck you and remachined it myself and re-oringed it. It worked when I sold it a week later for 1/3 what I paid for it. Dont even get me started on the King Demon RS I bought from them. Never ever again... B.G. my balls, your lips... suck. They wont ever get a dime from me again.

Fair enough

never bought a thing off bg-but i have heaps of freinds that have with no issues-

or maybe they wont tell me

Hope no one got bad things to say about manga fuel as thats what i have

Thanks

Nick--

·
its blingtiffic™
9,829 Posts
Magnafuel has always worked flawlessly for me and all those I know.
X2 on the Magnafuel and Robbie's customer service is top shelf aswell

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Adam ([email protected] on here) got in touch with me right away and was able to get me taken care of that morning and get my pump shipped back to me in time. I figured the Bullet was due for a kudos thread instead of a bitch and moan.

The last time I sent a pump in for a repair it took 2 months to get it back for a leaky seal.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I wanted replacement seals for my BG400 a few years ago.
They wouldn't sell me anything...
So... instead, I found a vendor that could supply me with the main shaft seal and cover O-ring. I can rebuild the 400 pump myself... and actually sold a few "rebuild kits" on Ebay for about $15 shipped.

I still have a shitload of seals and O-rings if anybody needs 'em. :cool:

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Thanks, Jay. Glad that everything worked out well.

·
On the roller...
15,880 Posts

x3

I tried to give BG a chance, but even restricting return line pressure a Sumo pump I bought from them was dead right out of the box. Tech gave me run-around, and I replaced it with my tried and true Aeromotive setup. Haven't strayed away from them again for my EFI applications.

The BG is just sitting in my garage at the house like a paperweight. BG wanted big dollars to repair a pump that didn't work to begin with. I'll never subject a customer of mine to that.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
my friend has a king demon that is junk and called them and they said that trey would not work on it there product and customer service is junk I have a magna flow 500 that is a nice looking piece compared to the bg 400

·
Registered
835 Posts
my friend has a king demon that is junk and called them and they said that trey would not work on it there product and customer service is junk I have a magna flow 500 that is a nice looking piece compared to the bg 400
Thats news to me.... we offer rebuild services on any of our carburetors including even the Holley's we originally modified.

·
Registered
835 Posts
x3

I tried to give BG a chance, but even restricting return line pressure a Sumo pump I bought from them was dead right out of the box. Tech gave me run-around, and I replaced it with my tried and true Aeromotive setup. Haven't strayed away from them again for my EFI applications.

The BG is just sitting in my garage at the house like a paperweight. BG wanted big dollars to repair a pump that didn't work to begin with. I'll never subject a customer of mine to that.
There is no charge at this time to rebuild and update the flow-through style pumps . There was an issue with parts from an outside vendor on the original gerotor pumps and once discovered we stopped production of them and changed the design on them. They are now a twin spur design which uses the same gear set as our belt drives. You are more than welcome to send it in and we will update it but keep in mind with us updating all of them at no charge we are backed up some and will have it for awhile.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts