Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed my a-2000 -10 to front running a 4150 and wilson plate off fuel log How much fuel psi do i put tp the front and return off the pump to the tank have a -4 returnoff the nos side for a bleed with a 14 jet. I have never set up a pump like this so i was wondering where to start

·
Super Moderator
12,123 Posts
i just installed my a-2000 -10 to front running a 4150 and wilson plate off fuel log How much fuel psi do i put tp the front and return off the pump to the tank have a -4 returnoff the nos side for a bleed with a 14 jet. I have never set up a pump like this so i was wondering where to start
That pump is factory preset at 18 PSI if I recall correctly. This will more then likely do what you need and can be raised if desired.. Thanks, SJ

·
FAQU
2,488 Posts
That's pretty close to our setup, the pump is set at 18 PSI as SJ said and we have the bypass from the pump right to the tank, from there we've got a -10 to a Carb regulator set at 8.5 psi with a 1350 Dominator and the SJ Single Stage plate with the nitrous reg. set at 5.5 psi with an .019 bleeder jet with a -4 back to the fuel cell. Hope this helps as well!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I also have a A-2000 pump and had planned to used a .016 bleeder jet with -4an return line.. Is the bleeder jet and return line a MUST ?? Ok can i run with out it?

Thanks!

·
FAQU
2,488 Posts
Poole some will argue and say it's not needed and others will defend it saying you need to run it. I don't like deadheading the Fuel Solenoid I'm leery of getting a air pocket in, seems to that you would or could possibly get a sudden fuel pressure drop when the juice comes on. No expert here, I just know I see alot more with air bleeds than with out. I'm sure ole' SJ can chime in on this.

·
Super Moderator
12,123 Posts
We have had the best luck with our own cars as well as customers cars without bleeds..

In my opinion it also depends on what regulator a guys using as to wheather or not to use one.. Some two port regs don't react or recover well without a bleed so they need one to cover the issues..

Based on the data we have gotten from data recorders in many cases, I have seen a by passing set up be MORE likely to suffer from a large pressure drop at activation over a deadheaded 12-803... This all is also more noticeable in direct port applications versus plates.. A plate system opens the solenoid and fills the short line, jet, and spray bars pretty quickly and recovers. On a direct port system when you have a distribution block, fittings, 4 lines, and then the jets it takes more time for recovery if your by passing and the regs already flowing at the set pressure. When at a deadheaded pressure, the higher pressure at the hit gives a nice boost to force out the air in the system much faster..

Just my findings and preference.. SJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts