1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!! I f'n hate snakes

·
Registered
22,820 Posts
T-shirt Shorts and Cowboy boots....might not look good, but DAMN i'd wear steel hipwadders around those parts

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is a older picture. It was in GON. I was thinking it was killed in GA. Could be wrong

·
POLK High Bitch.....
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a older picture. It was in GON. I was thinking it was killed in GA. Could be wrong
Im not sure. You may be right. Buddy of mine just sent it to me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
In other strange news, a place called Hot Coffee, MS actually exists.

·
THREAD KILLER
5,135 Posts
Actually I dont mind 9 footers its the little ones that you cant see until your on top of them that concern me. I get people are afraid of them but to kill it for no reason other than to say you killed it is dumb to me. :smt102

·
Registered
215 Posts
I believe the snake was killed in screven County Ga. right before turkey season last year. It looks the same as the one on GON

·
Registered
215 Posts
If you pm me your email I will forward you some pictures from Jacksonville Florida with a policeman holding up a verified 15 foot Eastern Diamond back. Biggest damn Rattlesnake I ever saw, I am just not smart enough to post the pictures and the article but I will email them to you to post

·
Registered
215 Posts
Friday, November 12, 2010 1:49 PM
Found just south of Jacksonville ...
Let me see if this worked

THIS IS NOT A PYTHON!
This is a 15 foot Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake - the largest ever caught on record, in fact. This snake was found Near the St. Augustine outlet, in a new KB homes subdivision just south of Jacksonville FL.

Research revealed the following:

One bite from a snake of this size would contain enough venom to kill over 40 full grown men.
The head of this snake alone is larger than the hand of a normal sized man.
A bite from those fangs would comparable to being stabbed by two curved, 1/4 inch diameter screwdrivers.

The knife being used to draw out the fangs for the bottom picture has a blade around 4 inches long.

This snake is estimated to have weighed over 170 pounds. (How much do you weigh?)

Notice the girth of this snake as compared to the cop?s leg in the first picture (and he is not a small man).
A snake of this size could easily swallow a 2 year-old child (and dogs, pigs, etc).
A snake this size has an approximately 5 1/2 foot accurate striking distance. (The distance for an average size rattlesnake is about 2 feet.)
This snake has probably been alive since George Bush Sr. was President.
Now just ask yourself these questions:
What has this snake been feeding on?
Where are its offspring?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts