Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see online the curb weight of these is like 3450 or so.. Is it realistic to think you can make one like 3,000 with a big block? Would still like to keep at least factory side windows, could be lexan front and rear. Glass hood and decklid..

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have see cobra guys get in the 2900-3000# range so I would say it's doable!

·
Registered
62 Posts
You gonna be at the grove sunday? I will bring mine and we can weight it and you can get an idea of how much you will need to lose. I will be with Tuff if his car is done

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
My 99 is at 3290 with me in it. I got rid of what I could. I still have ac and a radio

·
Registered
211 Posts
My 99 Cobra with an Iron Block/Alum Head BBC is exactly 3100 with my 210lb ass in it.

It still has stock stereo and amps, power doors, power windows, power mirrors, stock steering wheel, stock hood, stock wiring harness, and stock windows.

-Geoff

·
Registered
485 Posts
My 99 Cobra with an Iron Block/Alum Head BBC is exactly 3100 with my 210lb ass in it.

It still has stock stereo and amps, power doors, power windows, power mirrors, stock steering wheel, stock hood, stock wiring harness, and stock windows.

-Geoff

Thats a good weight for that car. What do you have for front suspension like K-member, struts, a-arms and what did you do for seats?

·
Registered
211 Posts
AJE K-Member, Control Arms, Coil-Overs with Strange 10-Way Struts. Flaming River Manual Rack, Aerospace Manual Brakes

I took the stock passenger seat, removed the slider, and mounted it in the position that fit me the best. Iam 6'6" so fitting in a Mustang comfortably isnt easy.

Please excuse the hole in the hood. I went way over budget and will be putting a cowl on it shortly.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

1 - 11 of 11 Posts