Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 99 35th anniversery edition, off a buddys dad. It has a motor swap from a mercury marauder, and the motor has less then 400 miles on it. My buddys dad works at ford, and when they were unloading the new mercruys off the trailer, one rolled off onto its roof and he got the motor and swapped it into the mustang. Heres my problem....the motor was just recently swapped, and to my understandings, he has a "monster" harness in it?? The car runs, but once it gets hot, it blows out number 3 coil. What could be the cause of this?? Im not a big ford guy, but i couldnt pass this deal up. Any ideas would help! Thanks guys

·
Registered
159 Posts
Check on the rear of the intake manifold, the main harness runs around the back side, on some cars they have a bolt that sticks up. The bolt will sometimes poke a small hole in the harness and ground the coil causing the coil to stay on and blow up. Your problem has to do with that. If you cant find a wire grounding out ,overlay a new power wire (jumper from another coil) cut the ground (trigger) and run a new wire straight from the firewall plug. This will fix it, have seen it many times. Travis

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still having a problem with this. Car seems to still have the 2v harness with the computer. The engine of course is a 4v swapped. I had the car running for a few minutes and it seems to run very rough. It's said the computer could still have the tune to the procharger. I don't think the harness is right, but is it possible to flash this ecu, and run it with the 4v or do I need to get a completely different harness?? Is there any shops around Cleveland that might be able to help me with this?

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
You need a harness and computer from a Mach 1, it had the same motor.
Yeah you could use that or a 99-04 EEC-V Cobra ECU, a custom tune file with correct ECU and harness will work wonders:)
EDIT: just read about the supercharger, ask the owner what tune that computer currently has on it, it could be as easy as getting an e-mail tune from Eric Brooks or another Good remote tuner...
My guess the rough running is tune related!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts