Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ac works fine. But when you put it to hot it feels a little warm for about two seconds. Then it blows whatever the outside temp is. The heater core inlet and outlet seem to be hot and the same temp. What's next to check before I waste a whole weekend?

·
Beer Pong Champ (Retired)
6,830 Posts
Can you hear the diverter switching?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
It's probably the controller itself. The dash knob peice.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Consider yourself lucky, usually it's the A/C that's shot.

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
Dafuq you need heat for in July?!
He's in Minnesota .... it's still winter there. :p

How much do you want to bet that there is already a recall notice about the problem. It is a GM after all. :smt044:smt044:smt044

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Dumb question, but I gotta ask...is the cooling system full? The heater core is the sometimes highest point in the cooling system, and I've had customers with same complaint that didn't realize the coolant was a little low.... but I'm sure that was the first thing you checked.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All that I've confirmed so far is the inlet and the outlet on the heater core are the same temp. Hot.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Electric actuator on the temp door. There are three of them behind the ashtray area. I had to replace the one on my 99 Tahoe that changes defrost, vents, floor. When I pulled it and changes the settings you could see it try to move which told me the control was sending the low voltage. You can get them at parts store but I unscrewed mine and did it manually first. Parts store guy said they go bad all the time.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Electric actuator on the temp door. There are three of them behind the ashtray area. I had to replace the one on my 99 Tahoe that changes defrost, vents, floor. When I pulled it and changes the settings you could see it try to move which told me the control was sending the low voltage. You can get them at parts store but I unscrewed mine and did it manually first. Parts store guy said they go bad all the time.
yup, the blend door actuator, I had to replace it on my 2000 silverado

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fixed it yesterday. Plugged heater core. Still have the damn red dexcool in it from the factory.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

This I've changed a few of them in the past too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts