Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with a f-body 98 firebird chassis setup, the car wieghs 3840 with driver 25.2 cage, stock suspension strange shocks double adjustable front and rear 315 drag radials, 16.5 lbs to 17 lbs air pressure wheely bars, 3.89 rear gear, big block 498 with a 225 hit.the car leaves good on a soft shock setup, alot of wieght transfer, we leave with trans brake at 3700 rpm 400trans . I being told that the stiffer tou can keep the shocks with it still hooking is best which makes since being theres less body movement, but were trying to run the car without the bars since alot of classes do not permit them, an a soft setup the car will stand up unless we delay the nos, when we go stiffer setup the car won't hook. Just need suggestions that will help get the 60ft down mre currenty 1.38 Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
why is the car so heavy specially with a 25.2?

i found that the harder i hit the tire the better the car hooks, i run them at 18-20psi and a tight suspension.

I dont like seeing alot of suspension movement, the weight transfer is wasted energy, you want to go forward not down.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how about 3380 lbs with driver my mistake, did some measureing on the car and found that the instant center is way out in front of the car going to make a couple chassis adjustments and try again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts