Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 363 that spins to about 7000. When I was building the motor I had a chance to buy a 950 ultra hp for a screaming deal. I did some research and read good and bad things. Most people said it won't work on a small CI because the massive 1.600 Venturi. So I bought this carb thinking if it doesn't work, I will sell it and make a profit. Here is what I found, this thing signals great! I even have to jet it down because it runs like a pig with the stock 92 jets in it. Put the afr gauge on it and it reads 10.5 to 11.50 cruising and getting on it. To sum it up, this carb is awesome!

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
Glad it worked for you ! ....... I learned a long time ago to believe nothing you hear and about half of what you see . Advice from even the most learned and knowledgeable well intended people often does not apply to YOUR hot rod . Only way to KNOW for sure is try thing's yourself .......

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Yeap ^^^^^

·
Registered
22,801 Posts
I usually won't do this but I'll take it off your hands for 100 bucks and send you a stock 600 ford style Holley, no need to thank me.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I usually won't do this but I'll take it off your hands for 100 bucks and send you a stock 600 ford style Holley, no need to thank me.
Sounds like a great deal......

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know if they flow anymore than the regular HP950?
They say it's a true 950, so I think it flows a lot more than the 950hp

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
So 950's not really 950 after all ... unless it's an Ultra?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My understanding is that an 850hp flows more than a 950hp due to the Venturi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts