Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Holley Ultra XP 950 for a 400 SBC. Came with 92 jets square and power valves front and rear. Called Holley tech and they said try it as is. Im thinking 86 front with the power valve and 92 rear no power valve. What say the experts? Thank ya!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had one and had to jet it WAAAY up due to the venturi being so large, it couldnt get a good signal to pull fuel. It ran great, but I ended up with 106 jets squared.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Bought a Holley Ultra XP 950 for a 400 SBC. Came with 92 jets square and power valves front and rear. Called Holley tech and they said try it as is. Im thinking 86 front with the power valve and 92 rear no power valve. What say the experts? Thank ya!
Hey have you seen those Thompson plates? I bought a pair for my ultra xp 750 but havent used them.
Thompson Performance, LLC

Reactions: 007dragracer

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
No sir I havent, like a super sucker?
It looks like a plate that has a fold in it that angles the fuel in more direct downward flow. I they look like just small pieces of gold plates thats cut and notched and then bent to angle flow

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
14965878_6064504766092_2284741486996094976_n.png.jpg

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
Old Gimmick. Stock squirter nozzles spray against the booster outside anyway. Whats the difference? Not even needed on a transbrake. Its not" what you want."

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive seen those, not at that point yet. More worried about the jetting and power valves at this point. Thanks tho!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Acc pump block. What you don't want I would think is [a] large slab of metal overhanging the venturi & blocking flow large chunk of metal that high speed air will crash into....

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Put a pair on my 850 Mighty Demon and can leave off idle now, not a stitch of hesitation. Car's 60ft picked up as well.
Hey if you see anyone I have a pair that I decided not to use cause the truck has other issues cranking. Ill sell 2 for 50.00 shipped if yall see anyone who is interested in. I have them in a add in the for sale section.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts