Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dr. Greenthumb
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brothers 94 Mustang was messing up on him this morning with what he said seemed to be a tranny issue. On the way home it died on him, and wouldnt start back up. He said when he tries to start it, it sounds like it out of time or something, and his guages jump all over the place. The tach buries itself, ect. Anyone have a clue ? Could the ECU cause something like that ? Its a '94, 5.0, automatic. Completly bone stock. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
could be a ECM but Fords ECM's usually dont just "shut-off" while driving, I'd suspect an EDIS Module issue or a PATS issue

·
Dr. Greenthumb
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks man. Did they have a PATS before '96 ?

·
Dr. Greenthumb
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. That was a 95. He actually bought this one just last week to run til he fixed that one. He's not having very good luck.

·
Dr. Greenthumb
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The plan was to swap all his stuff(minus shortblock), into this car, but it didnt make it that long.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
94 is not pats, I would check the TFI module first, then start looking for issues in the power distribution box, such as corroded, loose etc. I assume you checked the obvious, alternator and battery?

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Make sure the battery didn't reverse polarity...Thats what happened to me once and the gages all pegged out and everything...

·
Dr. Greenthumb
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah, the guages are whats throwing us off. Neither of us are electrical guru's for damn sure. We've both had several Mustangs. So weve had bad TFI's and suff, but I dont recall the guages ever doing anything like that.

Talk about bad luck. Last night it got hit by a snow plow. So Im not sure if its even going to need fixed now. he hasnt seen it yet. So no idea how bad it is. Cant be good though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts