Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is running one on a single 4 application and how much work did it take to get it working well? I put a similar post on Speedtalk and from what I read so far, 3 circuit Doms are alot of work to get right.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have an old style 9375 (not an HP) that was built by BG. It is their "Stage 4" carb. I footbrake it at the track and even drive it on the street once in awhile. No stumbles, doesn't load up. I'm happy with it. I run the same air bleeds that BG put in it, except I leaned out the hi-speed bleed about .003". No PV's, 91 jets square, 42 squirters.

Have fun.

·
Registered
645 Posts
i had a 9375 on my old 406 sbc and it worked great!! the guy that ported my heads(larry meaux)recomendeds it for the small block applications.im gona put on my new 434 when i get it ready!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
SO SORRY Jeff,
I forgot about the PM.
My 9375 is very old and doesn't have the adj. bleeds?
I have a CFM Dominator that I can look at and see what it has.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I also have a old style (not HP) 9375 Barry Grant Stage 4. Idles clean, revs great. I had it on a 461 originally, then a 509 and now a 540. Same 92 square jets and air bleeds as it came out of the box and it has worked great on all 3 motors.

Have a new 1250 Quick Fuel that is a black smoke puffing, no revving, no idling, blubbery piece of shit, that's not even made it out of my driveway yet. Been back to QF 2 times, still not right. QF has been very nice about it though and are still working with me. Getting close to trying the 2 circuit conversion they talk about on Speed Talk. I put my old 9375 back on for now so I can go racing.

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
The old style 9375 was the best out of the box in a single carb app, even though it was listed as a 2-4 carb. The one I have had no bleed pressed in the intermediate and .025 MAB's, emulsion bleeds were different as well. HP's changed the metering and need some attention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts