Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
DURCHWATEN POTENZ Baby!
22,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starts right up, idles VERY rough, like it has a huge cam in it, which it does not. Won't even make it down the street without trying its hardest to quit. Hold the throttle slightly open, and it sounds like there is a miss.

Motor is all stock except for a BBK cold-air intake.

Car ran awesome for a long time, then just decided to do this...

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Could be lots of things...Dirt on the Mass air meter element, cap & rotor bad, water in distributor, TPS bad, Thermactor bypass bad, EGR open, etc...etc... Look over everything.

·
102,312 Posts
Check the wires inside the MAF sensor again. My patrol car was starting to do that same thing you mentioned. Knocking at part throttle, I changed the fuel filter, changed gas, air filter.

Checked to make sure the air filter wasn't in backwards, and there was a small millimeter piece of grass on one of the wires. I get a lot of grass from crossing the median.

·
DURCHWATEN POTENZ Baby!
22,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check the wires inside the MAF sensor again. My patrol car was starting to do that same thing you mentioned. Knocking at part throttle, I changed the fuel filter, changed gas, air filter.

Checked to make sure the air filter wasn't in backwards, and there was a small millimeter piece of grass on one of the wires. I get a lot of grass from crossing the median.
Ok, Gunny. Will give it a try

·
Registered
141 Posts
What I would do is unplug your mass air, start it, run/drive it and if it runs better its your mass air

·
Registered
636 Posts
Cleaned the IAC, mass-air meter and tps. Car ran great until I pulled off the non-functional smog pump tubing. No way that could be the problem?
What did you do with the vacuum line that ran to the diverter valve on the non-functional smog tubing??? Hope you capped it off or there is your problem. HUGE vacuum leak.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts