Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to order my turbo, do i need to order one with ballbearing are without.looking to make between 1300-1500 hp.what are the pros and cons on the ballbearing.:D

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
No cons with ball bearing... Get a ball bearing turbo...

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Con, it is alot more money.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
to make the power level you are wanting a standard journal bearing 91 will make it without breaking a sweat,

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
to make the power level you are wanting a standard journal bearing 91 will make it without breaking a sweat,
Exactly. On a 2JZ, a FI-91X made 1481rwhp......I don't think 1500 crank HP is a problem....hehe

·
Registered
645 Posts
Exactly. On a 2JZ, a FI-91X made 1481rwhp......I don't think 1500 crank HP is a problem....hehe
A 2JZ makes damn near any turbo look good for peak horsepower numbers on a dyno.

Now why doesn't anyone ask the appropriate question of what engine will you be putting this 91mm turbo on? RPM? Trans?

I got $5 that says this guy isn't putting the turbo on a 2JZ.

- Brian

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
A 2JZ makes damn near any turbo look good for peak horsepower numbers on a dyno.

Now why doesn't anyone ask the appropriate question of what engine will you be putting this 91mm turbo on? RPM? Trans?

I got $5 that says this guy isn't putting the turbo on a 2JZ.

- Brian
Same car with a GT55 made 1398rwhp....same boost pressure. If that puts things into better prespective.

I will agree though, the 2JZ is a nice platform for #'s.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Ball bearings, too me, are overrated.

For one, you are on a 2 step/brake...the slight spool advantage of a BB will NEVER be seen in that situation.

The upfront costs are much higher and the rebuilds are insane.

I would never choose to run a BB turbo, unless someone has some good reason to...

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
That's excellent power!!
Too bad the powerband is so short on those motors!!

Yes.......its like a light switch. The customer is in Turkey and apparently 2JZ's are the craze over there at this time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts