Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How big of a bitch is the heater core to replace in these?
Have a friend that his is bad and can't afford to have someone do it for him. I can't remeber right off the top of my head how big of a bitch they are.

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What nobody done one of these?

·
Registered
888 Posts
replaced the one in my 98 in about 30 mins. look it up on youtube to get a better idea. You can remove the plastic cover under the dash pretty easy no need to remove a bunch of un necessary stuff

·
Registered
278 Posts
Pretty easy.
Did my 92.
Remove heater hoses, remove screws that go straight up on bottom of heater box, remove 1 screw from engine side (I think...not sure) There is 1 kinda hidden screw that goes up & it's hard to see. Remove all of the screws or the cover will crack.
Job is made easier with a 1/4 drive air ratchet.

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a 91. He bought the heater core today, and I am gonna put it in tomorrow, just bypassed it for now,

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
419 Posts
I did mine when I did the evap, so couldn't tell you about doing just the heater core. I will say doing the evap was a PAIN IN THE ASS! Getting to the evap housing bolts around the DURAMAX was a real PAIN(my 95 has a DURAMAX/ALLISON in it), not to mention all of the extra wires I had ran during the swap that had to be cut and then reconnected afterwards..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts