Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much will a 90 MM throttle body hurt me over a 105 MM throttle body on a 400 CID SBC with a single 106 MM turbo? Or will I see no change?

·
Registered
645 Posts
We have run the 90mm over 2,200 flywheel horse if that helps :wink: Don't know where it hurts :-D

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
But what if I want to make 2,201 RWHP?? :-D
Then get a big block & you can have twice that. If all you want is 2201, stick with your little block. :roll: sheesh, some folks are REALLY hard headed. :roll:

Bob

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Cool I'm running a 90 on my twin setup but I'm only looking to make about 1000 to the tire. Street car though. :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
I don't know what this would equate to on your combination for HP difference, but this is what I get for flow capabilities:

90mm - 1287 CFM

105mm - 1792 CFM

A difference of 505 CFM.

Just thought you'd be interested.

I believe the calculation doesn't take into effect and positive pressure, above atmosheric.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Would the same run true for a 500 cid BBC with a 106mm? Which would work better, pro's and con's? What about IAC do you need it ? Does it help at all? Mark

·
Registered
23 Posts
The IAC makes warming the car up easier. After it's up to temp it doesn't make too much difference on a race deal. Street's another story.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts