Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not getting the feedback I'd expect in another forum so, I thought I'd post here,...I'd like some input on these incrementals; 1.298 3.75 5.82/118 9.13/148.4 This is friends car, and it runs well no doubt. It is NA, weighs 3350lbs. at the line, 572 wedge -1 Indy's, 2.45 first 727 and a 4.10 gear on a 10.5x31 MT on a 10" rim. I believe there is a solid tenth in ET left by taking these incrementals in account in consideration of Wallace calculators. This is a full-sized mid 60's B-body (not really aerodynamic) But I keep hearing Wallace calculators are not accurate in this case. Your thoughts please, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
I'm not getting the feedback I'd expect in another forum so, I thought I'd post here,...I'd like some input on these incrementals; 1.298 3.75 5.82/118 9.13/148.4 This is friends car, and it runs well no doubt. It is NA, weighs 3350lbs. at the line, 572 wedge -1 Indy's, 2.45 first 727 and a 4.10 gear on a 10.5x31 MT on a 10" rim. I believe there is a solid tenth in ET left by taking these incrementals in account in consideration of Wallace calculators. This is a full-sized mid 60's B-body (not really aerodynamic) But I keep hearing Wallace calculators are not accurate in this case. Your thoughts please, thanks in advance!
I don't look at wallace deal to closely.saw times where we were going faster than what it shows for hp needed.hood scoop that is working well should do that.guy I did 632 in 4200 lb pickup ran almost idenical 1/8 as yours.1.284-60-3.73-330/5.80-119.
Been messing with pump gas 572 same weight as yours.1.24-60/5.47-126 are best so far.trying to work on 60 fts.should be high teens.we run lower rear gear but higher low gear than yours.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vinny, you were one of the persons I'd hoped to hear from by posting here. With what you've stated he is way upside down in relation to what Wallace predicts in regards to your feedback. I'm just looking at 148+mph to represent power validated by a 30MPH backhalf gain. The best 60 has been a 1.26 but the 330's don't even reflect a 1-to-1 gain when the 60's 'go down' numerically. On this particular 1.26/60 it went 5.81/330 so,I think it's spinning after the hit AND/OR...? This will add to our daily watercooler chat, so thanks.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
I bet you video the 60 you would see it transfers weight then hits tire hard and releases into a spin.the wallace deal is kind of a place to start.but if car is dead hooked you may see one thing early and another down track.lots of variables wallace deal not ask.think of frt tire dia and how it effects getting a run at the clock.spinning can let engine acceleration be different then catch tire and slingshot it.I guess with wallace deal if you have dyno sheet that says 900 and car showing 850 at track then a guy knows he has work ahead of him.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Some tracks still have mph in different area also.some tracks before finish and some 60 ft after.I believe most newer stuff isfinish line/ mph -same.allot of things to think about.I know I checked wallace awhile back and tried it under two different catagories on there and both answers were quite a bit different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts