1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
must have one of those super secret ed bigley cams in it

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
racer1320 from over at Team Chevelle came up with the term for his great midrange torque producing engine that has put his porky Chevelle in the mid 10's!

It is Ed "Begley's Special Engine", aka, BSE!

Ed is a controversial guy that no longer chimes in b/c of all the B/S that went along with it.

He advocates closed chambered big valve oval port heads and midrange cams used for producing a lotta torque in the midrange and upper midrange to move the heavier Chevelles.

Ed's combination is hear or at least one of his b/c he is always tweeking it for more power and the same with his car, for more traction.

Do a search if you want to come up to speed both here and over at Team Chevelle.

Oh, by the way, I am a fan b/c I built my great big "tow-truck", 496 engine like his but a lot milder!!! Like 551hp at 5500rpm and 579t at 34500rpm sorta thing. At least per D2K...

pdq67
From camaros.net

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17112

"Because I know Ed likes to talk more than race!"

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Fuckin' treed me! LOL

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
a old buddy of mine woul always ask (does it have roller rockers).....first question out of his mouth when talking about a mtr......

·
Registered
255 Posts
He must have some really great oil in that bitch because it is Clean and DRY.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
Only has 8 passes? Dyno passes or track passes?

Im thinking he meant dyno passes, and Im thinking they added the results of all 8 passes together to come up with the 900 horsepower figure.

I hate the term "ported and polished". Got a few idiots around here that would like to tell you that the heads have been "hogged out", which is even worse. But ported and polished....mainly advertising the polished part....damn near drives me just as crazy.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
ya know, a GREAT NHRA superstock oval port 427 would make about 800 MAX, on a generous dyno. idiots like this give our hobby a bad name.

·
Banned
29,378 Posts
The key is only 1 head is Ported and Polished !!! LMPAO

"Selling a 427engine The 427 is built with rollor rockers the head is ported and polished the intake is also ported and polished."

·
Super Moderator
45,860 Posts
Maybe he forgot to mention the 3/4 cam,.........that would explain all that horse power,.........you guys are so jealous. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts