Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
It's going to depend on lift, seat and open pressure, and length of RPM. If you're only that high for 2-3 seconds compared to 9,000+ for the second half of the track.
My little engine sees almost that in the water, and over that on the track. I've got over 150 1/4 mile passes on the springs, and they still have great seat pressure. I do check them every 2-3 race days just to make sure I don't run into any problems

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
It's going to depend on lift, seat and open pressure, and length of RPM. If you're only that high for 2-3 seconds compared to 9,000+ for the second half of the track.
My little engine sees almost that in the water, and over that on the track. I've got over 150 1/4 mile passes on the springs, and they still have great seat pressure. I do check them every 2-3 race days just to make sure I don't run into any problems
Can you share details of your application and what springs are you running?

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
362 ci ex cup motor. .850 lift. Turned it 9750 through the lights. I was lucky to get 25 runs.

·
Super Moderator
35,270 Posts
Its not all rpm based... It is more a function of design combined with rpm. So there is no answer to the question unfortunately.

·
Registered
12,087 Posts
I was talking to an Aussie Pro stock racer in the pits a couple of seasons ago and he said in aussie pro stock if you get more than three passes out of a set of springs, you aren't making enough power! He was joking of course, but many guys are using 2-3 sets per meeting. Lots of lift and lots of revs! Stuff that, i would rather sit in the shade with a cool drink reading a magazine between rounds!

·
Registered
978 Posts
My 498 has just under an inch of lift. makes peak at 8800rpm. I use Pac 1349 springs. So far it's been good to me on springs. It's in a boat so it's a little different. It runs at max rpm for about 8 seconds.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
As Chris said, all depends how you build it. Watch how many times he puts it on the limiter, and they run this stuff for 4hrs at a time

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
25 passes I could live with, I know a dude w a sb Mopar 10.000 and about 8 passes per set.
That I couldn't do :)...Thanks guy's

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
When we ran Texas Pro Stock after we found the right spring you could count on changing them at around 20 passes. BBC 1.00 lift and 9200 rpm. Exhaust springs would last a little longer, but not much. .960 lift on the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have customers who can get a season at 9K and others who can only get 15 passes out of 9K. Totaly depends on ramp speed, valve sizes and weights, ect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts