Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
i wish there was that much profit in engine work mabe i wouldn't have to work 7 days a week then. ha ha. that much real power that will live at all is going to be real expensive.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i wish there was that much profit in engine work mabe i wouldn't have to work 7 days a week then. ha ha. that much real power that will live at all is going to be real expensive.
I hear ya brother. I need a vacation:smt079

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Kuntz gets $32000 for a Hot Street 400

These make over 900

I would guess that with no head and intake rules it may be a little cheaper.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
900 could be had n/a with a savy cost saver, and a creative engine builder.

420+ CID, some deals here and there.... and the correct decisions from the start and it can be done for 20k give or take.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Huge heads, huge cam, huge intake, lots of compression, big dominator carb, 2-2.25" headers to 4" or bigger collector, titanium valvetrain with shaft rockers, no accessories!

Something like Victor heads with some really good port work, 15:1 comp, supervictor fully ported to heads with a dominator, and a cam and valve train up to spinning 9000 rpm! The old Street Bandit class was doing it running in the mid to high 8s before it was shut down.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Huge heads, huge cam, huge intake, lots of compression, big dominator carb, 2-2.25" headers to 4" or bigger collector, titanium valvetrain with shaft rockers, no accessories!

Something like Victor heads with some really good port work, 15:1 comp, supervictor fully ported to heads with a dominator, and a cam and valve train up to spinning 9000 rpm! The old Street Bandit class was doing it running in the mid to high 8s before it was shut down.
They were doing it with a sheetmetal intake.
The cast intake is the bottleneck in the combo.

I think that is why H/S bullets cost so much. They need to make that kind of power with limited heads/intake/carb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts