·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took Rylan to Green Acres Yesterday. This is his second time at the motocross on this 250.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Its cool to see this little guy on a big bike but he needs to be on a bike that fits him so he can learn better.

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its cool to see this little guy on a big bike but he needs to be on a bike that fits him so he can learn better.
I totally agree! He didn't like the power band of the 85 initially. But, after riding the 250 for a short while, he came to realize the 85 wasn't anything special.

We were at a nice motocross on Saturday (Milton MX). And it had a pit bike track. He was chasing this slightly older kid and they were going at it, passing each other in various places on the track. Well, the kid got on his KTM 85 and tore up the big boy track hitting virtually every jump. My Grandson (Rylan) was in awe and I told him, "That kid is no better than you! The only difference between him and you is he is rides his 85 all the time and is comfortable on it. You just need to get comfortable on your 85 and you'll be better than him!"

So, we go to Green Acres on Sunday. He warms up on his pit bike (which he's really fast on in the turns), then hops on the 250 for four or five laps. Then, he gets on the KX 85 and immediately starts ripping! He's so much faster on his 85 because he carries speed through the turns just like he does with the pit bike. He absolutely loves riding the 85 now.

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Yesterday at Green Acres Motocross.

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This jump doesn't look like much, but it's right after a tight 90 degree turn. And there is not much distance to gain enough speed to clear it. This was his first time clearing it. Sorry about the finger, lol.

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^ This was immediately after clearing that double. He was so stoked! lol

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Thats great!! I finally got my son from a CRF70 to an XR100. He also has a KX100 but we are enduro, tight trail and trials riders. Not the right bike for that. Plus its a little to pipey for him. The little fart is almost 11 and only weighs 60 pounds.
I'm a Kawasaki guy myself. I just ride an old 01 KDX200. Its my trail and trials bike.

Keep that boy riding!!

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats great!! I finally got my son from a CRF70 to an XR100. He also has a KX100 but we are enduro, tight trail and trials riders. Not the right bike for that. Plus its a little to pipey for him. The little fart is almost 11 and only weighs 60 pounds.
I'm a Kawasaki guy myself. I just ride an old 01 KDX200. Its my trail and trials bike.

Keep that boy riding!!
I was ten when I got my dependent military ID card; I weighed 45 pounds. I weighed 65 pounds my freshman year of high school. My first bike was a 1971 Yamaha mx 60. I was twelve. Bike was bigger than me. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts