Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Troublemaker
4,627 Posts
Call JC at Strange. Then order a 15x12 wheel with a 4" backspace.

You need the H1119 housing, and he will know the correct dimensions you'll need.

I just did all of this, I have a rearend that is sitting at Team Z waiting to be installed.

· Troublemaker
4,627 Posts
As far as I know, Team Z is using Strange housings in their builds. One of the things Dave did was have Strange put in the control arm pockets that he usually does, right out of the gate.

It's for a magazine project car, but I think the retail is about 2300. I don't have the back brace and we're expecting north of 1200 at the tire.

I have the Pro Iron centersection, Pro gearset, and 35 spline axles and spool.

With the way mine is set up (on a '99), we took 2 1/4" out of the stock '99 housing length. I was previously running a 15x9.75 with a six-inch backspace that fit perfect. So I figure by taking the extra off the rear, I can decrease the backspace to 4" and by adding two inches to the rim width, we'll be right on the fender and tucked.

Team Z can build it, and Dave will do an incredible job. He wouldn't be building my car if I didn't believe that wholeheartedly. I've been through his shop numerous times, and the care that they put into their craftsmanship and customer service, from what I've seen, is unreal.

We just did it the way we did (having Strange build it) for magazine purposes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.