Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Phuckstick
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into getting a 9" for my car, its a 96 mustang. im looking at strange's website and it says 94-98 track width is reduced by 1.5". i thought they were the same size? my car has the team z minitub kit installed and i want to run a even size back spacing like a 5" or 6". im going to run the 315 drag radials. anyone know what length to go with?? thanks

·
Troublemaker
4,627 Posts
Call JC at Strange. Then order a 15x12 wheel with a 4" backspace.

You need the H1119 housing, and he will know the correct dimensions you'll need.

I just did all of this, I have a rearend that is sitting at Team Z waiting to be installed.

·
Phuckstick
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right on thanks jason, if you dont mind me asking why didnt you have team z build you the rear end? i was thinking bout buying one right from them. did you get the aluminum center section? how much did it run. 3K? :( im hoping with the 15x12 with 4" offset it fits close to the outer fender? i hate when the tires are way to the inside, it looks terrible.

·
Phuckstick
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry, one more thing. is your rear end backbraced? i wanted to get the h1117 housing with all the bracing and all that.

sometimes living in california sucks, by the time i get home all the places back east are already closed and i cannot call them. work sucks i need to open my own business. :(

PS- earthquakes are fun! :tonqe:

·
Troublemaker
4,627 Posts
As far as I know, Team Z is using Strange housings in their builds. One of the things Dave did was have Strange put in the control arm pockets that he usually does, right out of the gate.

It's for a magazine project car, but I think the retail is about 2300. I don't have the back brace and we're expecting north of 1200 at the tire.

I have the Pro Iron centersection, Pro gearset, and 35 spline axles and spool.

With the way mine is set up (on a '99), we took 2 1/4" out of the stock '99 housing length. I was previously running a 15x9.75 with a six-inch backspace that fit perfect. So I figure by taking the extra off the rear, I can decrease the backspace to 4" and by adding two inches to the rim width, we'll be right on the fender and tucked.

Team Z can build it, and Dave will do an incredible job. He wouldn't be building my car if I didn't believe that wholeheartedly. I've been through his shop numerous times, and the care that they put into their craftsmanship and customer service, from what I've seen, is unreal.

We just did it the way we did (having Strange build it) for magazine purposes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
stick the wheel and tire combo You want under the car and measure from wheel mounting flange to flange. subtract Brake offset and rotor thickness for each side and you should be ready to rock. I think the pinion has to be offset to the right 3/4 of an inch for that car / bodystyle. ;)

·
Phuckstick
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lmk if you need help? whats that mean?

only problem is that i dont know what wheels i want now. i wanted to run the mickey thompson et drag wheels for psca contingency money but they stoped makin them like a yr ago and they said they wont be out until 09 sometime and they still dont know an exact date!!! i like the alumastars i guess but have you seen the huge price increase on them? they are like over a hundred dollars more than they use to be, what a phuckin rip off!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.