Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sheared off my 28 spline stock Ford pinion, the housing is a Ford Bronco unit with a 3.00 Ford gear and a stock pinion support. It broke inside the yoke and the break looks clean.

Pro gears only go to about 3.40 and I don't really want spin my Pontiac that fast, plus my car see a lot of street mile.

My drive shaft is also all dented up so at the least, it will need a new tube, its 4" dia with 1330 joints.

Will 1330 joints live with big torque and a T-brake? My car has run 8.87 at 2950 lbs. and I will be going even faster as I turn up the turbo boost.

Would a set of Richman 28 spline gears with a aftermarket pinion support and a N case hold up a lot better then the stock Ford stuff?

I looked at the trans T400 and I don't see any damage to the case, is there anything special I should look at?

Thanks Ed

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I suggest calling Doug at Quick Performance 515-232-0126. He will probably recommend a taller tire with 35 spline pinion pro gears, nodular or aluminum case. The Bronco case is cast iron and not very strong. You will just end up breaking something again. If you are running 28 spline axles, you need to upgrade them too. It is not the cost of building the rear strong enough, it is the costs caused by the wreck you can have when something breaks next time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts