Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide what 9" Case to go with for the rearend in my car. At first I was thinking about the Strange Ultra S case, but plenty of locals are moving damn quick in Iron cases (low 9s high 8 sec 1/4s).

Should I go with the Ultra case or the pro Nodular case. I am looking for a case that will hold over 1000hp.

The car is a street/strip 3rd gen Camaro full interior. I figure it weighs about 3700 - 3800 pounds.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I would go with a Nodular race case in 3.25 bearing size... and at least 35spline shafts!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yukon, Moser, or HRW all are pretty much the same. I am sure Williams has some nice cases but you are gonna pay good $$$$ for them. The Yukon is the nicest for the money if you ask me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At first, I looked at getting MW nodular case but couldn't find it on their site. Just the Aluminum ones.

I am leaning towards the Yukon Case. Their site says theirs will hold 1200hp, which is alright for what I want to do.

Thanks YB.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would not buy any steel case

bolt thru alum Moser MW Strange does not matter You car weighs enough why add more to ring gear death
use a 40 spline gun drilled axle between the two you have a bullet proof package and if you plan on driving on the street
a lot use a 8620 gear not a 9310 nickle

Now this will make you wonder I have a 70 Monte 3850lbs 509 inches 1050 HP 400 turbo I leave at 5200 to 5500 off the brake (all MW stuff) and its a 12 bolt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts