Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nothing too crazy been busy as hell with work and side stuff but I did get a set of mini tubs from Furo Racecraft. He is local to me and makes his own they look nice so in the next week or so I'll be cutting the trunk floor and stock tubs out. Just wanted them in before I got too crazy with tube work. I'll post some pics once I put the knife to the trunk area. Surprised no one noticed the corvette ZO6 calipers on my mustang spindles lol.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sub'd for updates.

How do you like the Rogue bender so far? Ive been looking at bender lately as im kicking the idea around of doing my own cage vs using a pre bent deal. What notcher are you using?

Looking good so far!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I finally picked some 3" .250" wall DOM up for my axle tubes in the 8.8 housing. I chucked them in the lathe and machined them down to fit the housing and deep enough to bottom out where the stock tubes didn't go much past the plug welds. Should add a decent amount of strength once braced up. The up close picture showing the tube puled out is just showing the amount of material i had to remove the 3" OD sits tight against the cast center section. Once my housing ends get here i will determine overall width and cut the excess on the tubes down on the lathe so their dead on. Here are a few pictures.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Nothing too crazy been busy as hell with work and side stuff but I did get a set of mini tubs from Furo Racecraft. He is local to me and makes his own they look nice so in the next week or so I'll be cutting the trunk floor and stock tubs out. Just wanted them in before I got too crazy with tube work. I'll post some pics once I put the knife to the trunk area. Surprised no one noticed the corvette ZO6 calipers on my mustang spindles lol.
Thats actually the first thing i noticed and i stared at it for 5 minutes before reading your reply. Whats the deal there?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sub'd for updates.

How do you like the Rogue bender so far? Ive been looking at bender lately as im kicking the idea around of doing my own cage vs using a pre bent deal. What notcher are you using?

Looking good so far!
I like the rogue fab M600HD a lot for the money and its capabilities especially now that they released a mandrel attachment for header tubing stuff like that. And the notcher is the rogue versa notcher. I feel it's the nicest one yet that uses hole saws next thing better is a Bridgeport mill. I've
Made a lot of notches thru moly no issues at all very solid unit.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well I ordered a set of upper and lower JCR Chassisworks torque boxes and should have them Monday. Paul was incredible to deal with and their customer service is always top notch. I will post some un-boxing pics as well as install pics once I get to cutting the stock ones out. Have to say I am excited to tie the torque boxes into the chassis and tube work.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
JCR Torque boxes came today, i am impressed with the quality and design have to say they are a very nice piece. Also the owner of JCR Paul was very helpful and the customer service and instructions I received with the boxes are top notch. I am stoked to start cutting the car up more and get these tied into the 25.3 cage. I will post more pics when I get the trunk floor and stock tubs cut out. For a teaser here are a few quick pictures of the upper and lower torque boxes. I have to say I am feeling more confident that i will get this thing to hook on the ice as well as on some no prep tracks. Also ordering some 1.375 .095" 4130 to make my own lower control arms with 3/4"X3/4" rod ends.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yep that's the plan, WIR , GLD, plan to get my license at Rock Falls. Would really like to do some drag week stuff and maybe hit a few no prep events once it gets done. Hope to start making progress again now that I'll be home for a while.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Its been a while since updating this, been extremely busy with work.. Havenot made a ton of progress but figured id share what little has happened.I ended up picking up a Southbend Model A 9 lathe for making small bushings andsuch. As well as tried my hand at designing, cutting, and fabbing my owncoilover brackets for the axle since I am using 3" tubes in my 8.8, I alsogot the floor pans cut open for the thru floor SFC so once their tacked in andI bend the #1 bar up it will start clipping right along now that I have sometime to actually focus on it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Also jumped completely off the cliff in the engine department.. I scored a set of Gibtec Custom Billet pistons from a friend for dirt cheap that have 6 passes and dyno time on them for 4.125" boreX4.00" stroke so 427 Inch turbo engine it is. Figure ill pick a Dart LSnext block up and use Brodix BR7 LS7 style heads since that is what the pistons were made for. The pistons were swaped for higher compression since he switched to methanol. It will put me at 10.5-10.6:1 static so with E85 and meth injection I feel it will be in good shape. Pretty damn excited now though. Came with 2 brand new spare pistons just in case. The used slugs look brand new hardly any scuffing on the skirts at all and no marks or dings on the domes. The engine these came out of was Spec'd and built by Billy Briggs..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Nothing too crazy, lower torque boxes are in upper is tacked and starting to cut the factory tubs out to make room for the Wolfe Racecraft Large tubs. Lost all my pictures when my SD card shit the bed. I been pretty busy with side work, and remodeling the house. I picked a Plasma Table up so between that and doing some random tube work for cars I been busy with side jobs which is alright too just means more parts, right. I'll try snapping some progress pictures and get them thrown up here over the long weekend.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts