Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 88' G-30 Van.
  • has a 6 year old rebuilt TBI 350 which is stock other than Long tube Hooker Headers with true dual exhaust , no cats and flowmaster knock-offs
  • Trans was rebuilt about 10 years ago and still shifts strong
I currently tow a 2800 lb. car with an 18' open deck econo trailer with ease.

My question is, whats the biggest trailer I can get away with towing?

I just purchased an air lift 5000lb kit for the rear and have a towing cam that will be installed in the near future.

Looking at maybe going to a 24 ft. enclosed trailer.

Whats the biggest I can go?

·
draggin' ass
13,419 Posts
Seems to me you are already knocking a big hole in the air with the van so you should only be worried more about the weight of the trailer then the aero aspects. If you get a acono enclosed trailer, you will only be about 1500-2000 pounds heavier then your current trailer combination. Thats for you to make a call on. The cam will be a great help as long as it works well with the computer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was more concerned with the actual chassis capability of the van. It has a full frame but it appears to be a unibody-like frame. Currently I go back and forth between my home track which is less than 20 miles away and majority of the trip is spent on 95. There are hills but nothing like going to maple grove.

·
draggin' ass
13,419 Posts
Borrow a buddies!

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
some where in time,

you will be wishing that you had a real truck to pull that trailer...

power to just get over hills will be a problem with that allready over loaded 350 engine.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts