·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any light weight componets out there IE A -arms, Brakes. rack kits

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
I am pretty sure that TRZ has some stuff available, might not be on the website though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Chisholm suspension makes some nice stuff for those trucks, if their still around. I Couldnt find a website but here's their #... 562-946-3183.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Chisholm suspension makes some nice stuff for those trucks, if their still around. I Couldnt find a website but here's their #... 562-946-3183.

They used to have a couple vids out of 88-98 trucks with their suspension running around concrete ovals. There were also vettes running with them...the vettes would pull away on the straightaways, and the trucks would catch back up in the turns.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
We have a jig for uppers and lowers for them. We prototyped them on one and did uppers, lowers, spindles, brakes, coil-overs, and a rack kit and dropped something like 150 lbs. off the front.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We have a jig for uppers and lowers for them. We prototyped them on one and did uppers, lowers, spindles, brakes, coil-overs, and a rack kit and dropped something like 150 lbs. off the front.
Are your spindles lighter than stock? Does your spindle use the stock bearings? If not, what do they use? Can a stock spindle be used with your control arms?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
No, we covert our Camaro drop spindles over to work with the A-arms we make for this truck. Our setup requires, at minimum our uppers, lowers, spindles, steering arms, and brakes that would fit a 1969 Camaro like a Strange B4110WC2 (Wilwood and Aerospace also make brakes for it that would fit). The a-arms we make won't handle a stock spindle... different ball joints and different geometry. Our moly spindles (1 pair) weigh in at about 15 lbs. with the steering arm bolted on. Not sure what a stock truck spindle weighs, we don't have any of the stock truck stuff here to compare to. I know they were very heavy though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok I know it's not the smartest thing to do. Digging out and old thread on my first post but I am extremely interested in the TRZ font in for my 92 silverado that I am building. It already has a 6.2 in it that cut some weight but I want to cut more. Please pm me a price on this setup. Thanks

·
draggin' ass
13,414 Posts
Pick up the god dammmm phone newbie! And introduce your self too.

407-933-7385

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Ok I know it's not the smartest thing to do. Digging out and old thread on my first post but I am extremely interested in the TRZ font in for my 92 silverado that I am building. It already has a 6.2 in it that cut some weight but I want to cut more. Please pm me a price on this setup. Thanks

There's a few options on this, as long as a few necessities. Would be easier if you'd call in. 407-933-7385

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK Change in plans ... Im not going to cut on my SS I recently got a 2000 1/2 ton Chevy. Now do ya'll have a similar set up for this truck .. I already have a set of Weld Magnum 2.0's and would like to convert it... They run the Shit out of these trucks in SE Texas and Im going to cut one of these up....TTBBC... Going to call it Reverse psychology..LOL:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think there is a huge market for trucks. It is hard finding anything for 88+. I haven't had a chance to call them yet but looking forward to see what they can do for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Back from the death... lol I would be very interest on a front setup for the 99-06 models

1 - 20 of 20 Posts