Yellow Bullet Forums banner

181 - 200 of 257 Posts

·
To Boost or not to Boost?
2,245 Posts
Here are some pics of my current build. I was going to start a build thread but I figured there were enough turbo Mustang build threads already ;). Its taken me 6 months to get to this point as this is my first turbo build and I don't get to work on it everyday. All the underhood stuff is pretty much mocked up except for the last pieces of the downpipes (waiting on bumper to be mounted). I have to finish up the I/C tubing inside the car and then back to the chassis shop to get the front end and hood mounted. I can't take the credit for the tig welding but I have fabricated every piece here at home with a porta-band and a belt sander in a 10x20 work space :supz:,. There has been alot of measuring twice, cut once on this thing. Its very tight with a big block and a 114mm. I'm getting pretty excited about it and I owe it all to YB! Are you happy R-Dub? I finally posted some pics. Thanks to you too bro! OCPTTF!
Looks great do you have your intercooler mounted under the dash? I ask because Ii dont usually see those pipes that high in that area.

·
Platinum Member
5,683 Posts
The IC3000 intercooler is mounted in the center of the back seat area.
The tubing runs through the side of the cowl, then 90* back and above the trans tunnel to the IC.
The outlet pipe runs parallel to the inlet on the tunnel, then under/ behind the dash to the firewall flange.

·
Balls Deep N A Build
877 Posts
The IC3000 intercooler is mounted in the center of the back seat area.
The tubing runs through the side of the cowl, then 90* back and above the trans tunnel to the IC.
The outlet pipe runs parallel to the inlet on the tunnel, then under/ behind the dash to the firewall flange.

Ummmm, what he said ^^^^^^^^^ LOL!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here is mine.. not a fox.. but you get the idea. Getting ready to put an A/C condensor in front.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
This thread makes me wanna get back to work on my POS...
Me too.. More single turbo.. forward facing fox bodies please.. Anyone with exhaust exiting thru fenders behind the front tires?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Here's one I did awhile back.

Removable mount.

·
Balls Deep N A Build
877 Posts
4" exhaust? Any updates?

Yes, its 4 inch exhaust. No big updates. It's been in chassis jail getting body panels dzused on and we are finishing the motor. The exhaust is done and exits in front of the tires.

·
Balls Deep N A Build
877 Posts
Thanks man. I'm extremely happy with the way it all turned out. I built the entire hot and cold side in my little garage with a port-a-band and a belt sander! LOL! It's my first attempt at anything like this.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Thanks man. I'm extremely happy with the way it all turned out. I built the entire hot and cold side in my little garage with a port-a-band and a belt sander! LOL! It's my first attempt at anything like this.
Damn! I'd say thats a pretty successful first attempt!! haha. I would've burned the car down trying shit like that! haha. :supz:

181 - 200 of 257 Posts